PDA

View Full Version : Anomaly in brightness of W203 Dash Display?

Officer305
10th July, 2011, 10:19 AM
Hello I have the following interesting anomaly. Possibly the DAS experts could help? Car is a W203 2005 270 CDi Estate. To get the outside temp to display on my dash instead off the km reading. I changed the National coding. I have also managed to activate the turning lights ( Fog lights ) and the mirror wind in out auto funtion.

I have noticed after doing this that the following has occurred:

With the car going or engine running the display in the dash is dim. The control knob doesnt seem to do anything to brighten it up. If you open the drivers window the display becomes a great deal brighter. If you close the window it dims down again. Same if you open and close the door.I dont know if this had anything to do with me changing the variant coding. I noticed it after i did it. May have done it before. Cant seem to find how to sort the problem. Is there something in Star coding I need to change. Thanks.

cocutanu
11th July, 2011, 07:06 AM
My guess...seems like some sensors are picking up more or less light adjusting the dashboard brightness accordingly. Do you have tinted windows ?
Just my 2 cents about this.

cocoh
12th July, 2011, 09:56 AM
you can START to finding some errores... with SDS.. if not .. its your configuration....