PDA

View Full Version : Ireland may be lost city of Atlantis

Evastar
10th July, 2011, 10:42 AM
The legendary island nation Atlantis, the existence of which has sparked debate for thousands of years, was actually Ireland, according to a new theory by a Swedish scientist.
Atlantis, the Greek philosopher Plato wrote in 360BC, was an island in the Atlantic Ocean where an advanced civilisation developed about 11,500 years ago until it was hit by a natural disaster and sank beneath the waves.
Geographer Ulf Erlingsson, whose book explaining his theory will be published next month, said the measurements, geography and landscape of Atlantis as described by Plato match Ireland almost exactly.
"I am amazed no one has come up with this before; it's incredible," he said. "Just like Atlantis, Ireland is 300 miles (480 kilometres) long, 200 miles wide, and widest across the middle. They both have a central plain surrounded by mountains.
"I've looked at geographical data from the rest of the world and of the 50 largest islands there is only one that has a plain in the middle - Ireland."

Dr Erlingsson believes the idea that Atlantis sank came from the fate of Dogger Bank, an isolated shoal in the North Sea about 100 kilometres off the north-eastern coast of England, which sank after being hit by a huge floodwave around 6100BC.
Dr Erlingsson's book, Atlantis from a Geographer's Perspective: Mapping the Fairy Land, calculates the probability Plato would have had access to geographical data about Ireland as 99.98 per cent. Other Atlantis theories suggest it may have been around the Azores islands or in the Aegean Sea. Others locate it solely in the brain of Plato.

Ireland may be lost city of Atlantis - Science - www.theage.com.au (http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/08/07/1091732142347.html)

illumin
10th July, 2011, 12:13 PM
Interesting article. If you are interested in an alternative viewpoint of ireland there are a few authors who i would recommend
Michael Tsarion, Conor Macdari and Anna Wilkes

:)

Evastar
10th July, 2011, 12:24 PM
well i think it's an interesting hypothesis, and if you look at it objectively it could make sense. and after all celtic ireland, with its druids had a very intricate civilisation pre christianity, so who knows, maybe we were the place the atlantis stories were based on :)

nara
10th July, 2011, 12:44 PM
Where does the Blarney Stone fit into this theory? ;)

Evastar
10th July, 2011, 12:48 PM
Where does the Blarney Stone fit into this theory? ;)

i don't believe he mentioned it nara, then again i haven't read the entire book, just a couple of articles on it.

having said that the blarney stone is part of a medieval castle, so i doubt that was around 11,000 years ago :)

paul hick
10th July, 2011, 03:50 PM
cant be ireland as it states there was an advanced civilization and anyone who has been around the temple bar area or just dublin city in general on a friday night will tell you there is no civillaty at all......

Captin
10th July, 2011, 04:02 PM
I havent read the book, but it seems an interesting view. One thing I would like to know is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt atlantis sink, and I don't think Ireland is under water, well not last time I went it wasnt.

Evastar
11th July, 2011, 11:55 AM
I havent read the book, but it seems an interesting view. One thing I would like to know is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt atlantis sink, and I don't think Ireland is under water, well not last time I went it wasnt.

he explains that, it's quoted in the first post, a shoal called Dogger Bank was hit by a massive wave and sank, i guess that story being passed on by word of mouth could have escalated from being beside Atlantis, to being Atlantis itself that sank?

after all we all know how things get passed on and misunderstood, and changed, so over a period of thousands of years imagine how much they would change. :)

Captin
11th July, 2011, 12:33 PM
after all we all know how things get passed on and misunderstood, and changed, so over a period of thousands of years imagine how much they would change. :)

true I suppose, look at the Bible. :)

jonkyto
12th July, 2011, 09:33 AM
Wow! It's wonderfull!

MissGee
23rd July, 2011, 12:42 AM
Does that make it technically not lost?

markybhoy007
23rd July, 2011, 03:42 PM
Does that make it technically not lost?
Got a point there!!! lol

Snowy79
23rd July, 2011, 06:50 PM
I'd be impressed as to how he knew there was a huge flood wave in 6100BC.

patkins
23rd July, 2011, 10:04 PM
The only comparison I can make is that Atlantis sank beneath the waves whereas Ireland sank beneath a wave of sheer greed.

tuffmach
28th July, 2011, 10:59 AM
Telos, by Aurelia Louise Jones, book written through channeling, reveals that Lemuria and Atlantis were tens of thousands of years ago, the most civilized of the seven existing continents. Unfortunately, the conflict between them ended with a nuclear conflagration, with no winners. As results, Lemuria sank smoothly in water, during a night, and Atlantis began to be shaken by earthquakes, which led slowly to her disappearance.
Part of the cultural heritage of Lemuria was saved in the underground city of Telos, built by the lemurs, in Mount Shasta, actually USA. Only 25,000 of the inhabitants of Lemuria were able to reach for the shelter.
Cultural heritage in the city of Atlanta was saved in the city of Posid, under Machu Picchu.
Actually, Lemurians and Atlanteans form a single civilization, governed by love and they are watching us with interest. They want to show themselves to us, but it will happen when will we be able to perceive them. It is a big difference in frequency between us and them. To perceive them, we need to raise our frequency, covering as two thirds of the way as they would have to lower their frequency, covering the other third.
They will show themselves first to the most elevated of us, then to groups of 2-3 people, then to larger groups, beginning to travel on our streets.

It seems that this event will happen when we will be ready...
However, wondering if the stars are showing something, when we will meet them?