PDA

View Full Version : VU+ UNO released.

dell_xps
10th July, 2011, 11:43 AM
VU+ Uno Single Tuner HD DVB-S2 Linux Enigma 2 Satellite Receiver (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Uno-Single-Tuner-HD-DVB-S2-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receiver)

?299.

RuberDuck
10th July, 2011, 12:07 PM
single tuner but very high spec and worth every penny in my opinion ( been using one my self for around 3 months )

Sicilian
10th July, 2011, 04:04 PM
Here's my review that I'd posted elsewhere: -

Finally got round to setting up my VU+ Uno :)

First impressions when unpacking is that the Uno lives up to VU+?s other models in terms of build quality etc... One thing I?m really happy with is the looks, think it looks like a classy receiver, looks really smart in my opinion.

Fitted HDD and Connected up to motor dish, flashing ViX was a breeze, simply follow on screen instructions shown on the display. Transferred my Enigma 2 settings and I was up and running in less that 5 mins!

Picture quality is excellent in both SD & HD. Universal remote is a nice feature if you would like to be able to control your TV with the same remote. Zapping times are super fast, approx 1.63 seconds!

Scanning satellites is working is working spot on, just as good as my other Enigma 2 receivers. I believe the tuner is blindscan capable but this is not currently enabled within the Uno drivers.

If I?m honest I just can?t fault anything about the VU+ Uno, although some critics will say that it?s priced a little high for a single tuner without actually looking at the specification of the receiver. Yes the Duo is only approx ?40 more than the Uno, but it?s not got the spec that the Uno has! The main thing the Duo has over the Uno is that it?s a twin tuner. Personally I think VU+ has got the price spot on now that I?ve actually looked at the specs and actually used one.

I think the Uno will be extremely popular to enthusiasts that simply don?t want a twin tuner, yet want a top class Enigma 2 receiver with an excellent VFD (front display), the ability to install an internal SATA HDD and use plug & play tuners. At ?299 in my opinion its worth every penny! Especially with the ViX images coming to the Uno very soon!

If anyone would like to ask any questions about the Uno please go ahead and I'll do my best to answer them.

dell_xps
10th July, 2011, 04:40 PM
Great review m8 :-)

samoloko
1st August, 2011, 07:14 AM
how good Is tuner sensitivity - could you compare with your other boxes

Slun1
23rd August, 2011, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone! I am finally considering upgrading my dreemy to a High Def box. The reviews for the VU+ Uno seem really good. Does it take CCcam? Would I be able to add a hard disk later on? Thanks ...

RuberDuck
23rd August, 2011, 03:16 PM
yes to both your questions.

freck
23rd August, 2011, 04:53 PM
Well I'm having trouble with an external hdd on my Uno and cant seem to resolve it and havent got any responses from any of my threads on other forums.
Its maybe something for dev's to look at unless i'm missing something.....will the VIX images support external drive without it having to be initialised after every boot thus loosing all info.
Pain in the arse really and has turned me off it.....but then again it could be a simple fix:vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:
Freck

dell_xps
23rd August, 2011, 05:42 PM
Why don't you install the vix image anyway m8 ?

freck
23rd August, 2011, 06:06 PM
i've built up a great BH image with personal backup option and CeC for my remote to my samsung tv which enables me to use both controls for tv and receiver plus have added Tunisiasat addon and various bootlogos etc.
Dont know if the ViX image will enable me to reinstall my backup from BH image plus been a fan of the BH community and like their stuff.
Might do it when ive more time later on but still trying to find a solution to the hdd problem first.
Freck

dell_xps
23rd August, 2011, 06:53 PM
If its anything like vix image m8, back up settings, install image then go back into backup manager and reinstall all your settings.
HTH

RuberDuck
23rd August, 2011, 08:12 PM
to be honest i dont use BH tried it for 5 minutes then removed it again. i use VIX ( no real surprise i know ). VIX is very customizable and has backup plugins specifically written for vix by andy him self.

try it you may just like it.