PDA

View Full Version : How to stream from the VU+ Duo using web browser & VLC

dell_xps
10th July, 2011, 06:30 PM
YouTube - ‪Streaming from the VU+ Duo‬‏

How to stream to any PC using the web browser & VLC.
Any questions just ask.
In the video I just streamed BBC 2 (SD) :-)

dell_xps
11th July, 2011, 11:57 AM
YouTube - ‪Vu+ Duo, Vix 2.2, Enigma II‬‏

Bored this morning so had a wee play about on iMovie, took about 5 mins...lol

delahmed
23rd July, 2011, 05:55 PM
thanks it worked!

nakeddave1
19th February, 2012, 11:26 PM
Hi
Sorry for old reply..
But can't get to the HTTP interface on my vu+ duo running vix 2.3.204

FTP, telnet, SSH all work

but not HTTP

is there anything I need to do to enable it?

Many thanks

Lewiscc
20th February, 2012, 12:17 AM
Hi
Sorry for old reply..
But can't get to the HTTP interface on my vu+ duo running vix 2.3.204

FTP, telnet, SSH all work

but not HTTP

is there anything I need to do to enable it?

Many thanks

hi dave ... you either need to configure the openweb interface in plugins ... or disable it and download the old webinterface which should work the same as previous vix images.

nakeddave1
20th February, 2012, 12:26 AM
thanks
FYI they changed the http port to 8088

dell_xps
20th February, 2012, 12:51 AM
Should of just changed the port to 80 m8 :-)

botza
6th January, 2013, 01:51 AM
Which port should be opened? I can not access the vu + duo? Only with ftp no other program or web. What should I do?

dell_xps
7th January, 2013, 09:01 PM
Install samba and set the webif plugin to port 80.

hambone
9th January, 2013, 11:45 PM
hi
i have just purchased a solo2 and have it up & running using vix image with 1tb hdd installed and 2 sat inputs 28.2e & 19.2e.

i have been able to stream hd channels to wireless laptop through the webif and it was pretty much flawless.

my query is regarding streaming to another linux box for the purpose of watching the solo2 in another room.

my other box is an ipbox 900hd which i have a sifteam image in flash and several e2 images on usb stick. i have the ipbox connected to my router for testing purposes directly with a patch lead,(i have a cat 5 cable from router to 2nd tv room)

i found a plugin called partnerbox in (1.0) in hdmu e2 image and managed to view pictures and control channel zap on the solo2 via the ipbox but the results were very unstable and the e2 image on the ipbox crashed more often than not.

does anyone have any knowledge of this plugin or whether the problem is because the ipbox is sh4 (though running e2 and plugin downloaded and installed from panel).

also is there another way to achieve this using the network between the 2 boxes?

pleas accept my apologies for my basic networking knowledge.
thanks
h

aziman
22nd March, 2013, 11:46 AM
YouTube - ***x202a;Streaming from the VU+ Duo***x202c;‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPChZ1zbOVk)

How to stream to any PC using the web browser & VLC.
Any questions just ask.
In the video I just streamed BBC 2 (SD) :-)

can you watch different channels from the box downstairs and the pc upstairs? i can only watch same channels as upstairs or downstairs

aziman
22nd March, 2013, 11:48 AM
hi
i have just purchased a solo2 and have it up & running using vix image with 1tb hdd installed and 2 sat inputs 28.2e & 19.2e.

i have been able to stream hd channels to wireless laptop through the webif and it was pretty much flawless.

my query is regarding streaming to another linux box for the purpose of watching the solo2 in another room.

my other box is an ipbox 900hd which i have a sifteam image in flash and several e2 images on usb stick. i have the ipbox connected to my router for testing purposes directly with a patch lead,(i have a cat 5 cable from router to 2nd tv room)

i found a plugin called partnerbox in (1.0) in hdmu e2 image and managed to view pictures and control channel zap on the solo2 via the ipbox but the results were very unstable and the e2 image on the ipbox crashed more often than not.

does anyone have any knowledge of this plugin or whether the problem is because the ipbox is sh4 (though running e2 and plugin downloaded and installed from panel).

also is there another way to achieve this using the network between the 2 boxes?

pleas accept my apologies for my basic networking knowledge.
thanks
h

can you view different channels or same channels. i can only view same channels. please tell how you did this please

dell_xps
28th March, 2013, 07:39 AM
You must have transcode enabled on yer box, or you dont have a twin feed going to yer box m8.