PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Vida Dice

PAB
10th July, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hi Mates ;

Maybe someone knows moere about this subject :

i have the Original Volvo Vida Dice Diagnostictool and the software volvo Vida 2010 C
All is working perfect I have no problems with it.

But one thing :

When i want to reprogramm ( or upgrade ) an ECU i need to download the software for it.
I not e member or dealer from volvo, but if i call my local dealer they have no problem to download the the soft for me, and they can send it furhter to me so i can upgrade or reprogramm .. it all okay.

But every download is costing about 40 euro. !!!

Someone knows where i can get the soft without paying everytime 40 Euro ??

Maybe someone knows if we can use the same soft for a specific ECU more then one time ??

Would be very helpfull

Regards PAB

:wink:

drakov
10th July, 2011, 08:31 PM
You could register on volvo website and pay direct to them for files I think about 25 euro, files could be re-used I guess but you would need to know in advance if exact same file, from memory vida only displays current version but no info on update file to cross check, maybe volvodeely or iroll could advise better as I am sure they both have genuine interface and subscriptions

somad
11th July, 2011, 08:56 PM
Are you sure that it is possible for the dealer to forward the files to you?

What kind of files are those?

Normally downloads would be stored as a package in Vidas local SQL database including specific information for one specific vehicle. (Pin codes if needed.)

Some huge downloads for entertainment center and stuff can be downloaded to a USB memory stick which you can use in the car I believe.

PAB
11th July, 2011, 11:10 PM
Thank you Drakov !!.. There is only one problem.. my version volvo vida 2010 C or D is a grey version..meaning to login >> 1

When want to login need better id then 1..haha..I did try once but after that my soft was been blocked...

So did remove all and did reinstall..and it did work again.

About SOMAT >> yes my local dealer told me he can send me further the upgrades.. he did it already once to another garage too.
Thanks all for the info..

See you mates.

drakov
12th July, 2011, 12:31 AM
What price is genuine software? If your dealer is over charging and you see enough of them it might be worthwhile just buying it... also you may be able to buy,download and forward files to others users in same position as you, only charge extra:)

VolvoGeely
19th July, 2011, 09:05 PM
I am assuming here that the files are being remotely loaded from a remote vida station. That I can see but only if the currant and same version of vida is used.
If PAB is receiving a file that he can install himself , I would think that he also has an Autologic ..

This way PAB explains , I have never seen or heard of.

VG

Iroll
21st July, 2011, 03:07 AM
Hi,
Can you order software without the car hooked up to vida/dice. Doesn?t vida verify vin thru dice before purchase?
Iroll

bijlaard
21st July, 2011, 01:52 PM
U order at a volvo dealer the software u want with the VIN of the car. ( we order it at my work by email)
U don't have to hook up the car to order.

After that u can see it in Vida when its ready for u, it may take some time before u can see it.

Then u can hook up the car to vida and download it, and load it into the car.

regards Obbe (husband of Ina )