PDA

View Full Version : Eagle linux receiver

raphaelo
20th December, 2008, 06:03 PM
Hi all
Sorry if I posted my questions in the wrong section.
I a new to the world of linux receiver and recently I bought Eagle satellite receiver and I have installed CCcam 2.0.11 and I would to know what Satankey Updater and Hacksatkeys.V8a are for.
Thank you in advance for all your helps

Regards

Rphaelo

firestorm
20th December, 2008, 06:09 PM
the Satankey Updater and Hacksatkeys are for getting the latest keys

jbvid
20th December, 2008, 06:11 PM
Hi all
Sorry if I posted my questions in the wrong section.
I a new to the world of linux receiver and recently I bought Eagle satellite receiver and I have installed CCcam 2.0.11 and I would to know what Satankey Updater and Hacksatkeys.V8a are for.
Thank you in advance for all your helps

Regards

Rphaelo
Hi
They are plugins for updating keys, you need an FTP connection, to load plugins from blue remote key menu panel. If this means nothing to you read some of the Sticky's, (in red @ top of forum) the Eagle is a Dreambox clone so anything for a dreambox is so for the Eagle.
jbvid

raphaelo
20th December, 2008, 06:14 PM
Thank you all

Raphaelo

felix1
20th December, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hi
....... the Eagle is a Dreambox clone so anything for a dreambox is so for the Eagle.
jbvid

LOL apart from gemini imagies

jbvid
20th December, 2008, 07:27 PM
LOL apart from gemini imagies
Hi
Yes, should have told him that, but I think he has an image on already, hope its not Gemini

@raphaelo
If you are still reading this thread don't put any Gemini images on clones, it kills them.
jbvid

opsmonkey
20th December, 2008, 08:09 PM
you can put Gemini 4.20 onto clones.. with no problems.. just dont go any higher than that version release

alunfennell
22nd December, 2008, 02:14 AM
Of course you could jatg the clone receiver and change the MAC address over to an official Dreambox one , it will work for the moment, but who knows what Gemini / Dreambox counter measures will be used in the future to knock out Clone Dreambox receivers.

jbvid
22nd December, 2008, 11:46 AM
Of course you could jatg the clone receiver and change the MAC address over to an official Dreambox one , it will work for the moment, but who knows what Gemini / Dreambox counter measures will be used in the future to knock out Clone Dreambox receivers.
Hi Alun
Have to agree with you 100% on that one regarding Gemini on clones, personally I would steer clear of any Gemini images, past present or future to be on the safe side and as said by quite a few members on this site and other sites that I visit, 'there are definitely better images around'.
jbvid

raphaelo
22nd December, 2008, 10:41 PM
thank you all for your advice, I can confirm that I am using CCcam 2.0.11.
What's it so special about Gemini.

opsmonkey
22nd December, 2008, 10:42 PM
Gemini images after 4.2 have a time bomb in that kills 500s clones, like eagle box

jbvid
24th December, 2008, 12:23 PM
thank you all for your advice, I can confirm that I am using CCcam 2.0.11.
What's it so special about Gemini.

Hi
There is nothing special about Gemini images, and are ok for genuine boxes, but if you load some of their images onto a clone box it will make the clone dead, kaput, non operational, kills the bootloader, but there are certainly better images around , and as I mentioned in a previous post I personally would steer clear of all Gemini images even the newer ones because Gemini can alway slip another clone killer/bomb into any image they wish, ie once been done, could do again.
jbvid