PDA

View Full Version : Ism wiring diagram

donniemnemonic
12th July, 2011, 11:51 AM
Hi all.
Have a cummins ecm I want to bench test but cannot seem to locate a suitable wiring diagram so I can make a bench cable to connect to it. The ecm part number is 3681405 and I suspect it is an ISM CM570. The truck unfortunately is a couple of 100 miles away and I need to verify ecm functionality. Have checked the wiring diagrams that come with the insite software but am unable to locate the ignition feed into the ecm all I have found is unswitched battery supply links to the ecm. The ecm looks just like that for a isx motor but is black in colour and carries the above mentioned part number. Could someone please upload this wiring diagram or direct me to a link to it.:shot:

Many thanks in advance.
Donniemnemonic

omarbl
12th July, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hello, I have this diagram to the same part number as your ecm but is for ISX. I hope tho help you.

donniemnemonic
13th July, 2011, 12:51 AM
thanks m8.

Well can anyone verify if I can use this wiring diagram for my particular situation coz like I said earlier the truck is 100 miles away from me and I am unable to verify wiring on the actual truck wiring to see if compartible with diagram. Is it possible for an ISM engine and ISX engine to share the same part number ecm. If so then what would be the difference between the 2?

ddmech
13th July, 2011, 01:57 AM
Im not a cummins expert but I think the only difference is in the programming.

donniemnemonic
13th July, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hi all.
Could someone please help me out and verify what engine type this ecm is from. The engine number is 35036887 was thinking it was ISM but the diagram posted by Omarbl says the part number is for an isx engine. Don't want to use the wrong diagram for fear of frying the ecm.

Thanks in advance.

jctech
13th July, 2011, 11:35 PM
Hi all.
Could someone please help me out and verify what engine type this ecm is from. The engine number is 35036887 was thinking it was ISM but the diagram posted by Omarbl says the part number is for an isx engine. Don't want to use the wrong diagram for fear of frying the ecm.

Thanks in advance.

That engine number is an ISM380, the ISM/ISX CM570 engines used a common harness OEM pinout (throttle,cab switches etc) but obviously the engine (sensor and actuator) harness pinout is different.

Try this thread for wiring diagrams
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f166/i-look-electrical-diagrams-cummins-77260/

kitty-hawk
14th July, 2011, 05:05 PM
For this serial number the wiring diagram is the : 3666269
Sorry for the bad quality...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KCQOI5HM)

samnoah
12th November, 2011, 10:38 PM
Hi all
may you help me
I need service manuals of cummins ISM plz

jctech
13th November, 2011, 04:46 PM
Hi all
may you help me
I need service manuals of cummins ISM plz

The ISM manuals have already been posted in the service manual thread
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f166/cummins-service-manuals-74128/