PDA

View Full Version : toilet removal

Jo-Jo
13th July, 2011, 09:14 AM
ok we wish to remove the downstairs toilet permantly and create a utility room ow the water supply is no problems i can disconnect that no problems i am just wondering whats best to do via the soil pipe when i remove the toilet i'll have a hole in the floor whats best to do to cap it ?

gmb45
13th July, 2011, 09:22 AM
ok we wish to remove the downstairs toilet permantly and create a utility room ow the water supply is no problems i can disconnect that no problems i am just wondering whats best to do via the soil pipe when i remove the toilet i'll have a hole in the floor whats best to do to cap it ?

builders merchants sell plastic caps that fit inside the pipes, just tell them the size, it should be a 4 inch waste pipe, not sure if b&q etc sell them, i would go to the builders merchants they can advise a lot better than b&q etc.

Shady
13th July, 2011, 11:41 AM
you're doing exactly the same as i did in the past.
you say utility room, are you having a washing machine in there by any chance? if so, i capped off the soil pipe with a plastic cap with a hole drilled in to fit a waste pipe for the washing machine.

Canker_Canison
15th July, 2011, 02:24 PM
I did the same as shady, only my cap was rubber with a pre-formed hole for the washer waste pipe :eviltongue:

Works like a charm

But I'm now looking at knocking the walls out of the utility room to make the kitchen larger. Will still be using the soil pipe for the washing machine. Just making better use of the space, there's only space for the washer & some shelves. Removing the walls will allow for more kitchen cabinets & work surface.

It's taken me 8 years to work that out lol

reddevil157
21st July, 2011, 09:07 PM
I did the same as canker, 4" rubber bung and run 1" 1/2 waste into it from the washing machine

Liteace
3rd August, 2011, 12:45 AM
leave it there, put a couple of handles on the wall and just tell everyone it a french toilet. maybe a good game when the lads are round and all pissed up, see who can crap down the hole without hitting the sides