PDA

View Full Version : Transfer films from laptop to D800 hdd?

redout
14th July, 2011, 12:22 AM
Is is possible to ftp a downloaded film from my laptop onto the hdd in a d800 so I can watch thru my tv?

media/hdd/movie ?

or do I need to convert the film from avi to something else?

garry1312
14th July, 2011, 12:28 AM
Yeah mate convert it to mpeg I use winavi if I remember right its fast at converting

redout
14th July, 2011, 12:46 AM
Yeah mate convert it to mpeg I use winavi if I remember right its fast at converting

That worked a treat - watching thru the dreambox now - only problem is that annoying winavi watermark!

garry1312
14th July, 2011, 12:56 AM
Aah mate you must have a trial version im im the middle of moving and net is down till about the first but if you cant find a patched version let me know and ill send you it.

redout
14th July, 2011, 01:03 AM
Aah mate you must have a trial version im im the middle of moving and net is down till about the first but if you cant find a patched version let me know and ill send you it.

Not to worry - I'll borrow a copy off the net. Thanks away. Can the D800 only play mpeg? I have a few mkv files also.

garry1312
14th July, 2011, 01:19 AM
Yeah mate only mpeg mate but apparently the new clone 800se can play more formats including avi.

It should be able to convertconvert avi files also if I am right. Let me know if you cant get it over the weekend and if you cant ill send you a copy on Monday can store it to a stick and send from work.

redout
14th July, 2011, 02:00 AM
Yeah mate only mpeg mate but apparently the new clone 800se can play more formats including avi.

It should be able to convertconvert avi files also if I am right. Let me know if you cant get it over the weekend and if you cant ill send you a copy on Monday can store it to a stick and send from work.

I found version 10 online so need to send - cheers mate.

garry1312
14th July, 2011, 02:03 AM
Cool mate as a said its pretty fast and does the job well. Needs hoping the 800se lives up to the name its been getting as no converting sounds good along with what else it has to offer.