PDA

View Full Version : Help watching a different satelite

danped
14th July, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hi,

Got my motorised dish set up and working now. Vu duo connected. I have vix 2.2 and a couple of bouquets for 28E and 13E. HOwever I can watch channels on 28 as the dish is pointing there, but if I select something on 13e I get nothing -
I don't think the dish moves. How can I get it to move please (sat installer said it would automatically move but it doesn't seem to although it did move when he pressed some buttons earlier!)

Oh yes - The error message I get is check tuner configuration which is:

TunerA: BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2) Positioner:USALS
TunerB: BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2) second cable of motorised LNB Tuner A

I have also loaded a satellite.xml file

TY

MrFug
15th July, 2011, 12:48 AM
Are the channels on 13e greyed out? I.e. A dull grey colour.

dell_xps
15th July, 2011, 01:41 PM
Tuner A to motorized, tuner b equal to A ?
Just a guess m8, as I dont have a motorized dish :-)

danped
15th July, 2011, 06:38 PM
Are the channels on 13e greyed out? I.e. A dull grey colour.

No they are totally black. I have reflashed my box with vix 2.2 and gone throught the wizard. I chose tuner A set up on 19.2e and 13e it then scanned them for me and found loads of channels, but when I tried to select them each of them showed a black screen, even ones which I am pretty sure were FTA.

Tuner B is set up equal to tuner A.

dell_xps
15th July, 2011, 06:42 PM
Play about with the tuner settings, only way you will learn I guess m8.

MrFug
16th July, 2011, 01:21 AM
Are you getting a signal (sig quality) when you change sats?

danped
16th July, 2011, 05:22 PM
ok I got it working perfectly last night. I messed with the tuner settings and could see any sat I wanted, any available channels.

When I turned it on this morning - NOTHING! I am back to where I was, even though my tuner settings are those which worked last night.

dell_xps
16th July, 2011, 05:56 PM
Are you sure you saved the tuner settings?, you have to press ok
, then exit back out, double check it m8 after each time you change
tuner settings.

danped
16th July, 2011, 06:15 PM
Are you sure you saved the tuner settings?, you have to press ok
, then exit back out, double check it m8 after each time you change
tuner settings.

Yes - I did save them because I compared the settings back to those I copied yesterday and they were the same. I've now reflashed the box to set it up from scratch again, same tuner settings this time I can't even get the scan going at the moment. Obviously I'll keep trying but there seems to be a random factor at work here! whic is totally illogical. I guess there is something I am not getting yet and like you say will only get there through messing around. Its frustrating at the moment though!

danped
16th July, 2011, 07:00 PM
Think I've solved it - I went back to basics and went to plug in the fixed sky dish feed - Then I saw the cable from the dish had detached itself from the box - eureka! That was my random moment from working to not working.

:party :

dell_xps
16th July, 2011, 07:38 PM
Glad you got it working !