PDA

View Full Version : searching ols-300 simulator

ducatisti
17th July, 2011, 09:49 AM
Please

If anyone knows of a ols300 simulator for sale please lt me know.

Regards

ME781
22nd July, 2011, 06:46 PM
EVC electronic - The Tools For Chiptuning (http://www.evc.de) will sell it to you if you have a valid winOLS license.

ducatisti
23rd July, 2011, 07:18 PM
EVC electronic - The Tools For Chiptuning (http://www.evc.de) will sell it to you if you have a valid winOLS license.

I do :)

I have been an original customer for just a few week's , maybe less and already they are making additons to there program that i suggested to help tune specific bikes. Best decision i made . Waiting for a used item to come up is going to be gold dust so a new one it is .

So far iam happy because it does everything i need it too with good support . I was so close to buying swiftec but there were aspects i did not like .

ME781
26th August, 2011, 02:33 PM
I do :)

I have been an original customer for just a few week's , maybe less and already they are making additons to there program that i suggested to help tune specific bikes. Best decision i made . Waiting for a used item to come up is going to be gold dust so a new one it is .

So far iam happy because it does everything i need it too with good support . I was so close to buying swiftec but there were aspects i did not like .

Swiftec will never do real-time emulators so EVC is really your best bet. OLS300 should work hopefully on bike ECUs, fingers crossed, that's one type of ECU I haven't tried with my OLS300s yet :)

ducatisti
27th August, 2011, 12:05 AM
As soon as it arrives I will test right away :) anyone know a source for fibre optic usb cables ?

wiseman
27th August, 2011, 01:27 AM
what didnt you like about swift tech?

ducatisti
27th August, 2011, 11:55 AM
what didnt you like about swift tech?

No emulation , now bar on side veiw in text mode like ols . And i dont like the yearly subscription .

Doing motorcycles the yearly subscription for me would be pointless because there is not anything to offer for motorcycles. I make all my own drivers . unless you subscribe you dont get even basic software updates.

And if you miss a years subscription you pay 1.5 times the following year.

If swiftec had emulation and offered a basic package where software updates were free but came with no support or there built in supermap drivers or whatever they call them then i would have bought it. I dont need all there fantastic features because i dont tune cars.

Evc has good support and basic program updates are free. Ok checksums are expensive .

Stanton
28th August, 2011, 02:27 PM
Swiftec will support rom emulation at some point, may not be immediately soon, but from talking with Alex I'm confident they will implement it.

scs-mem
28th August, 2011, 08:59 PM
With rom emulator u cannot speak of the Future.

Today there is no job for rom emulator,
just some bike and some old cars.

In one year or two ,will be good for museum.

ducatisti
29th August, 2011, 02:36 AM
Yes true romulators are a thing of the past , but without one the tuning system is not complete . Unless thew is a a system than can tune new and ols then Iam not interested . Winols attains this

scs-mem
29th August, 2011, 07:26 PM
Ive realtime rom emulator and ive spent more time on ecu's of petrol car's in the past.
When u say that without r/e the tuning system isn't complete you are right at 100%.
It was helpfull in the past for map study ,just move x or y in one map and look whats happened,or simply analyse if x is rpm or y is map ,analyze break point and how modified etc etc.
Was very exciting.
But today one company cannot say we will implement it in the future.
Who will buy and for which price?
And if someone thing of use it for race car is totally out road.

ducatisti
30th August, 2011, 01:26 PM
Ive realtime rom emulator and ive spent more time on ecu's of petrol car's in the past.
When u say that without r/e the tuning system isn't complete you are right at 100%.
It was helpfull in the past for map study ,just move x or y in one map and look whats happened,or simply analyse if x is rpm or y is map ,analyze break point and how modified etc etc.
Was very exciting.
But today one company cannot say we will implement it in the future.
Who will buy and for which price?
And if someone thing of use it for race car is totally out road.

Alex from swiftec said they were going to impliment the moates ostrich which i already have . But they said it willl not be untill next year or longer. So they lost me as a potential swiftec customer to EVC.

scs-mem
30th August, 2011, 10:24 PM
:-)
ive ostrich too and i use with tunerpro.
If u want developer your own apllication ,moates give you source code.