PDA

View Full Version : Facebook username and password error

scotcruz
17th July, 2011, 07:01 PM
Hi all,

As above, anyone else having the above error when accessing Facebook on the phone? Had this problem since this morning... Password and username works fine on web..

Please advise

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

happy_highlander
17th July, 2011, 11:24 PM
Hi all,

As above, anyone else having the above error when accessing Facebook on the phone? Had this problem since this morning... Password and username works fine on web..

Please advise

Go to manage apps and select facebook then clear cache and clear data this should get rid of any errors and will allow you to re enter user name and password

scotcruz
18th July, 2011, 12:38 AM
Go to manage apps and select facebook then clear cache and clear data this should get rid of any errors and will allow you to re enter user name and password

Thanks mate... Tried it.. also uninstalled the app but no luck..

happy_highlander
18th July, 2011, 10:20 PM
Did you reboot phone after uninstalling the app but before re installing it. It should give you a clean install then

scotcruz
19th July, 2011, 01:54 AM
Did you reboot phone after uninstalling the app but before re installing it. It should give you a clean install then

Just tried it again... Still no luck... Pure raging...

Lyrrad
3rd September, 2011, 03:06 AM
Just tried it again... Still no luck... Pure raging...

I have experienced this kind of problem when using anything other than stock keyboard. Try changing keyboard to stock if using something else or cut and paste login details from temp created doc. To my mind even if you are entering in details correctly I kinda feel some keyboards have added a space at the end even though you know full well you haven't done so.

Let us know if above helped

Lainie
3rd September, 2011, 01:05 PM
make sure the first letter you are typing is not a capital letter. im sure htc defaults to the first letter being a capital letter.

i have the desire s and log into fb no problem.

dell_xps
3rd September, 2011, 02:36 PM
Had this fault on my iphone with Facebook, you have to change your password m8, then all will work.
HTH

andy1weir
11th September, 2011, 01:29 AM
hapened to me aswell, i had to install a different version of the app, btw theres a version of it called facebook black, pm me and ill tell ye where you can get it