PDA

View Full Version : Recordings Blank screen

MrFug
18th July, 2011, 02:22 AM
Hi,

I just got around to installing a HDD in my DM800. Had to reflash my image (GP3) as I couldn't get the drive to mount. Anyway, after reflashing it mounted and initialised fine. Programs record fine to Hdd/movies/. I can FTP the recorded transport streams to my PC and play them without issue. The problem is, they won't play on the dreambox. They show up fine in the media player, but when I try to play them I just get a blank screen. I read a similar post on the forum, and the guy solved it by adding a line to a boot up script, but he didn't elaborate much on it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

yiakas
18th July, 2011, 08:19 AM
did you look in the av settings??

MrFug
18th July, 2011, 04:45 PM
Hi,

Yes, I checked A/V settings however there isn't anything there that helps.

Thanks though.

davvo
18th July, 2011, 05:32 PM
look in var/ect/fstab

paste both these lines in save exit reboot then try to record and play back

#/dev/sda1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

MrFug
18th July, 2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but alas still no luck.

davvo
18th July, 2011, 09:09 PM
the button above the blue button on remote
did you go in there and try and play the recording

MrFug
18th July, 2011, 09:29 PM
Yep. I get the time bar along the buttom, and a few icons such as [TXT], [4:3] and [AC3] but the screen remains blank and the recording doesn't play. In fact, It doesn't seem to attempt to play at all (timer doesn't move).

I FTP'd a short recording I made to my PC. Resolution is 1920x1088, where my dreambox is set to 720p 1280x720. Could be a possible incompatibility?

Also, I transcoded the file to 720p x264 in matroska container and FTP'd it back to the dreambox and it played!

Still confused lol

davvo
18th July, 2011, 09:42 PM
Programs record fine to Hdd/movies

the movie folder no s on the end
rename to movie

MrFug
18th July, 2011, 10:19 PM
Oops, that was a typo on my part. hdd/movie is the correct directory the DM is recording too.

MrFug
19th July, 2011, 12:09 AM
Ok, well, it's an image problem. I installed BarryAllen, and installed OpenPLI to HDD, ran it and the recordings on the HDD played fine. Pity, as now I'll have to boot to PLI everytime I want to play a recording. At least I know what the issue is :D

Thanks for the advice.