PDA

View Full Version : conflicting IP address

ecufix
18th July, 2011, 08:50 AM
Morning All . Finding yahoo mail to slow I started using gmail on the same pc. I now get a error report regarding a conflicting IP address .How do I undo this ? please regards

mark182
18th July, 2011, 08:57 AM
Give this a try

Release and Renew IP Addresses on Windows XP | 2000 | NT (http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/windowsnetworkin1/ht/renewipaddrwxp.htm)

ecufix
18th July, 2011, 09:20 AM
Give this a try

Release and Renew IP Addresses on Windows XP | 2000 | NT (http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/windowsnetworkin1/ht/renewipaddrwxp.htm)
Hi I am using windows 7 , cant find " run " ?

lagerland
18th July, 2011, 09:28 AM
I think 7 is the same as vista mate the search bar is your run command..................

mark182
18th July, 2011, 09:57 AM
Press your Windows key and R at the same time, this will bring up the run box.

ggr2011
18th July, 2011, 10:51 AM
when you get the run box type in the following commands:

ipconfig /release all

ipconfig /renew

karlpowell
18th July, 2011, 12:29 PM
cant see how he would have a IP conflict if he uses DHCP ? , more likley he has a static IP and therfore your release/renew won't do NADA .

check the properties of you network card and enter the tcpip settings to see if you are useing automtic or static IP.

you can do this by again entering the command promt as above (start - run - cmd) and type ipconfig /all (note the space between ipconfig and the /)

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-B0-**-**
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

does DHCP say yes ? if so you got me stumped .

Rodbouy
18th July, 2011, 12:38 PM
Just assign everything a static IP that connects to your router and limit the DHCP users.

I always give all my connections static IP for more control.

strongengine
19th July, 2011, 05:51 PM
thanks for any idea here...it help

gilly12
19th July, 2011, 07:06 PM
hello people, does anyone know to change ip adress, so that one. may be able to download ,from launch x431 site. as it has a restriction , out of bound, i was told that u can change my ip adress, and that should work, thanks

ecufix
21st September, 2011, 07:33 PM
Hi , could never solve this riddle , now I have more info , please help

Rodbouy
21st September, 2011, 07:56 PM
How many devices do you have linking to your router?

What is the range that you or default router is assigning ?

Have you set a limit to number of IP address assigned ?

ecufix
21st September, 2011, 08:10 PM
Please check above attachments

Rodbouy
21st September, 2011, 08:20 PM
I cant see them clearly.

sincerely
18th May, 2013, 05:10 AM
Hi , could never solve this riddle , now I have more info , please help

I am unable to see the pictures very clearly...I am unable to read the commands...as a general help....This occurs when two or more computers on the same LAN network end up with the same IP address. When this occurs, both computers end up not being able to connect to network.There are a few ways in which this problem can be fixed.If it is Static IP request your ISP for a change of IP.If it is a Dynamic IP you can try resetting your modem by switching ON and OFF the modem or open the command prompt and type "ipconfig /release," which dumps the automatic address it had, and then "ipconfig /renew," which gets a new address.To check for the change in IP you can visit Ip-details.com (http://www.ip-details.com/) which gives your public Ip when you visit the site.