PDA

View Full Version : Stuck On Installing Windows

djcj
18th July, 2011, 09:51 AM
hi all, just having some serious pc trouble got a friends pc here which has been rebooting itself and alot of the time get a black screen asking to press f1 key as it needs bios update ....

1st of i have updated the bios and as for the rebooting i thought there might of been probs with the registry as its a newish pc so i wanted to do a full system format and install windows 7 i have both disc 32x and 64x which his board the asus p5e3 says its compatable with both running the core 2 cpu

any way upon install i just cant seem to get windows disc to work after me using them fine on plenty other pc the 64x just sticks on completing instalation and other 32x doesnt work i got 1 disc to load once after about 4 attepmts and when i went into device manager it was just blank i tried everything be allow things in msconfig etc in the end i have now since run a memory test and it shows no errors and i have no just bought software called burnintest but i cant get an operating system on in to test - any ideas any 1

Shady
18th July, 2011, 09:54 AM
sounds like a knacked mobo to me.. have seen this before.. not saying it IS, but the reboot issue is something i have come across in the past..get a mobo from ebuyer, if it works, happy days, if not, its something else and you can return the mobo...

djcj
18th July, 2011, 10:00 AM
i was on windows xp before so i might attemtp throw that back on and then run test on the hd something major wrong i know that mate cheers for your reply

Canker_Canison
18th July, 2011, 04:40 PM
It could also be the DVD drive. A slight read error can cause mayhem when installing the o/s.

Also try a new version of your disks. Previously has issues trying to get XP on a system. Burnt a new version of XP to disk & it worked fine

strongengine
19th July, 2011, 05:50 PM
i was on windows xp before so i might attemtp throw that back on and then run test on the hd something major wrong i know that mate cheers for your reply

if you need to check the hardisk you can try to use HDD regenerator (inside Hirens Boot CD)...

djcj
20th July, 2011, 05:24 PM
run the test on the hd - it passed - at the mo its running xp and had the blue screen 3 times since but still loads only left now is mother board unless the progran for the hard drive hasnt worked cause the pc should be taking windows 7 and its not

thewizardofodds
20th July, 2011, 05:29 PM
put the hdd in another machine and install it on thaere and put iback in originalmachine and update drivers etc

kitamq
21st July, 2011, 05:11 PM
put the hdd in another machine and install it on thaere and put iback in originalmachine and update drivers etc

nice info for me.add my lessons

D21198071
27th July, 2011, 01:33 PM
hi all, just having some serious pc trouble got a friends pc here which has been rebooting itself and alot of the time get a black screen asking to press f1 key as it needs bios update ....

1st of i have updated the bios and as for the rebooting i thought there might of been probs with the registry as its a newish pc so i wanted to do a full system format and install windows 7 i have both disc 32x and 64x which his board the asus p5e3 says its compatable with both running the core 2 cpu

any way upon install i just cant seem to get windows disc to work after me using them fine on plenty other pc the 64x just sticks on completing instalation and other 32x doesnt work i got 1 disc to load once after about 4 attepmts and when i went into device manager it was just blank i tried everything be allow things in msconfig etc in the end i have now since run a memory test and it shows no errors and i have no just bought software called burnintest but i cant get an operating system on in to test - any ideas any 1

how it's going now...any news about your computer...?

cunny
27th July, 2011, 06:37 PM

Only problem with doing that is when windows instals it instals the drivers for that machine.

Remove hardware not needed for an instal, extra ram, other hdd's ect.
Reset bios to default.
Check connections, change sata cables (i've had dodgy leads cause issues)
If still doing it, try swap GFX card.
Try remounting CPU and check for Bent Pins
Still does it, refer to shady's post about motherboard.

jazzipup
1st August, 2011, 11:53 PM
try a low level format of the disk with something like active kill disk and then try reinstalling Windows 7.
The battery is likely dead on the board hence why it's not remembering the cmos settings.
Don't try installing an oem ver of windows with the disk in another manchine, won't work