PDA

View Full Version : how to input keys manualy please help

kennyn12345
25th April, 2008, 11:18 AM
can any 1 tell me how to input the keys manually as im having problems getting the pc and the dbox to link up on a network ?

many thanks :star:

Jaffa
25th April, 2008, 11:53 AM
can any 1 tell me how to input the keys manually as im having problems getting the pc and the dbox to link up on a network ?

many thanks :star:

Press Blue button and go to tuxbox manager or file manager
navigate to Var/keys and highlight the keylist.txt file
press 4
highlight the key you wish to edit and press enter
edit key and press enter.
edit the 2nd key
use back button to go out and save as you do.

Make sure you are running Evocamd and reboot box.

Now...start another thread or read some of the other threads about connecting to pc and we can try and sort you out.

kennyn12345
26th April, 2008, 04:13 PM
thanks for the help m8 :)

notel98
26th April, 2008, 10:24 PM
you should be looking for the new rom or roms to upload m8, search for rom7 fix and upload it to your dbox then you will not have to update manually

kennyn12345
27th April, 2008, 05:40 PM
do i have to put the keys in a special layout if so can u give me an example please

kennyn12345
27th April, 2008, 06:44 PM
please help me some 1 my head done in with this box now:boxing:

mantadob
27th April, 2008, 11:30 PM
If you follow the instructions on this thread you should have no problem updating keys but I am too impatient to power down and back on just to confirm it has worked!

Right, update your keys and back out using home and save etc. Make sure you are on an encrypted channel then use the blue button to select sporster menu, then EMU selection and you should see your current active EMU (mine is EVOCAMD). Press OK once and wait about 20 seconds and if all is OK, you should get a picture in the background. Just home out of the menu and off you go

mantadob
27th April, 2008, 11:42 PM
please help me some 1 my head done in with this box now:boxing:
If you get to keylist.txt and there are no keys there you should just leave your box switched on and tuned to an encrypted channel. They keys should auto populate after a few minutes but they will probably have a couple of incorrect characters.

Google search BigMAQ and download the toolbar. You'll see a picture of a key with a drop down menu. Choose the supplier for your region and the keys will be displayed.

You need to check both the 00 and 01 keys and edit your to match. Press OK after editing, back out with HOME and chose yes when asked to save changes.