PDA

View Full Version : MERCEDES TESTER

shape_shifter
19th July, 2011, 07:32 PM
Hello all DKers!

I usually work exclusively with North American cars and have all the scan tools for them...Ford IDS/VCM, Chrysler DRB and StarMobile and witech, GM Tech 2 and MDI as well as a programmer. I am starting to work on a few Mercedes (mostly 04+) and I was wondering if any of you good people could recommend a cheap obd2/can scan tool to just basically pull codes from various Mercedes systems--powertrain, abs, airbag, body etc. Does such a thing even exist? As I said I have limited knowledge of Mercedes so forgive me if my question is foolish!

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.:marchmellow:

JOEEAG
20th July, 2011, 12:10 AM
just buy the chineese DAS I use one every day it works great and you find them for around $1000

DB_member
20th July, 2011, 09:33 AM
just buy the chineese DAS I use one every day it works great and you find them for around $1000

That is way too high, even if it had a used computer with it. Then again, one should not buy just any Chinese product, a good one anyway can be found at a lot less than $1000.

shape_shifter
20th July, 2011, 07:59 PM
DB_member- got any recommendations as to a worthy chinese seller? is that the route I should go? Just had another benz come in. Customer says 2005 ML350 intermittantly loses engine power. I hook up my crap generic scanner and it tells me nothing. Then I notice the dash/cluster/odometer and when you first start the car, a wrench with "-581d" flashes and then turns off.

I, of course, can find nothing on code p0581. I know than obd2 code p0581 is a cruise control code for any american car. but for a benz...who the f*&^% knows! Damn I dont even see a code for that in any mercedes info i have.

i need to buy something!!! anyone in the detroit, michigan area...i'll send them to u!

DB_member
21st July, 2011, 01:54 PM
DB_member- got any recommendations as to a worthy chinese seller? is that the route I should go? Just had another benz come in. Customer says 2005 ML350 intermittantly loses engine power. I hook up my crap generic scanner and it tells me nothing. Then I notice the dash/cluster/odometer and when you first start the car, a wrench with "-581d" flashes and then turns off.

I, of course, can find nothing on code p0581. I know than obd2 code p0581 is a cruise control code for any american car. but for a benz...who the f*&^% knows! Damn I dont even see a code for that in any mercedes info i have.

i need to buy something!!! anyone in the detroit, michigan area...i'll send them to u!

I'm afraid your cluster code will change a bit every day. Sounds like it is informing you that the service time has been exceeded 581 days.

rudamie
27th October, 2011, 07:41 AM
Hello all DKers!

I usually work exclusively with North American cars and have all the scan tools for them...Ford IDS/VCM, Chrysler DRB and StarMobile and witech, GM Tech 2 and MDI as well as a programmer. I am starting to work on a few Mercedes (mostly 04+) and I was wondering if any of you good people could recommend a cheap obd2/can scan tool to just basically pull codes from various Mercedes systems--powertrain, abs, airbag, body etc. Does such a thing even exist? As I said I have limited knowledge of Mercedes so forgive me if my question is foolish!

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.:marchmellow:

I have been looking for something like that myself, a few week of research I have found that MB C3 STAR MULTIPLEXER is the way to go. It a Chinese clone for around $350.00 USD. Some of these companies also include the software needed to use them.

DAS : the automatically Diagnosis Assistance System
WIS.net : Workshop Information System
EPC.net : Electronic Parts Catalog
ST finder2009 : Part location finder
STAR UTILITIES : the movement management system and self-test
SD Media: Video and PDF lessons

Share On My Friend

shape_shifter
1st November, 2011, 04:39 PM
Thank you rudamie. Have you received and used your system? What do you think?

Has anyone else had experience with this unit/seller??

thanks

DB_member
2nd November, 2011, 09:01 PM
I hope he did not purchase a $350 tool and tried to use it on a bus like in his avatar.