PDA

View Full Version : Question about 08 Ford Focus OCS module

ledojo
20th July, 2011, 07:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever run across a code stating crash data within the OCS module.

Ford VCM/WDS shows CLEARLY that there is crash data on the OCS. Showed crash data on RCM but when cleared only the crash data on OCS.

Now, customer removed OCS... when he unclipped it, it became loose held by harness. When unplugged, the OCS had cracks on both ends--not sure but looks like where screws should hold it in place.

Now, I'm not sure if somehow the OCS was damaged or whether the OCS actually stores crash data--no reversible way to open that I can tell atm....

EDIT: I know the OCS was damaged--I'm not sure whether it was damaged in crash or from customer's removal process...

peter006
21st July, 2011, 03:27 AM
hmm, anyone know if can clean the ocs on table? (if scan tool cannot access otc for cleaning..) which chip stores dtc's ?

Air
21st July, 2011, 03:49 AM
I was wondering if anyone has ever run across a code stating crash data within the OCS module.

Ford VCM/WDS shows CLEARLY that there is crash data on the OCS. Showed crash data on RCM but when cleared only the crash data on OCS.

Now, customer removed OCS... when he unclipped it, it became loose held by harness. When unplugged, the OCS had cracks on both ends--not sure but looks like where screws should hold it in place.

Now, I'm not sure if somehow the OCS was damaged or whether the OCS actually stores crash data--no reversible way to open that I can tell atm....

EDIT: I know the OCS was damaged--I'm not sure whether it was damaged in crash or from customer's removal process...

don't worry about crash in OCS, just reset the OCS twice then go to SRS module, reset it. That's all. I mean, this procidure I've mention above is works, if you already clear the crash data in SRS module first.

ledojo
21st July, 2011, 05:19 AM
don't worry about crash in OCS, just reset the OCS twice then go to SRS module, reset it. That's all. I mean, this procidure I've mention above is works, if you already clear the crash data in SRS module first.

I will try it first thing in the morning....

ledojo
21st July, 2011, 05:23 AM

Air, I assume you mean to reset OCS with Ford VCM? I dont think my scantool can reset OCS specifically...

eeddyy23
21st July, 2011, 09:00 AM
Air, I assume you mean to reset OCS with Ford VCM? I dont think my scantool can reset OCS specifically...
i believe he meanning just to erase codes twice ocs can be just cleared in the worst case rezero the passenger seat

ledojo
21st July, 2011, 09:06 AM
hmm, anyone know if can clean the ocs on table? (if scan tool cannot access otc for cleaning..) which chip stores dtc's ?

You would have to figure out the pinouts for OCS--if it was necessary. I will try the double-clearing of codes (I only tried clearing once).

The OCS module is sealed closed and appears to be difficult to open and close without damaging the casing. heat may soften the seal/plastic and I could check as I now have an extra one--but will be a couple days until I would have time.

Air
21st July, 2011, 12:31 PM
I met with this every time after reset crash. Yes, I do it with original Ford VCM.

randewoo
21st July, 2011, 03:08 PM
You'll need just calibrate/initialize OCS

Air
21st July, 2011, 03:12 PM
You'll need just calibrate/initialize OCS
if you reset crash properly you don't need to calibrate/initialize OCS.

ledojo
21st July, 2011, 04:18 PM
if you reset crash properly you don't need to calibrate/initialize OCS.

Correct.

This is not the same problem as when improper cleaning. This is something to do with 'crash data' within the OCS module....however that is possible or not?

btw, the SRS module is brand new... already programmed with orig ford VCM.

I think I will have to clear this code with ford VCM, but I will try first before calling someone with one.

will post update in a few