PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Smart key problem

cyrixcard
21st July, 2011, 10:33 AM
You are experts and I want to get some information from you to save my self. I had one toyota avalon 2005 with smart key. I used AVDI toyota commander . It reset successful after about 28 minutes instead of 15-16 minutes on the manual and i register key. It said success. but car not start because battery was flat. Replaced battery, the Start Button of car not come on again. No bring up light again for ignition on.

Car was towed to Toyota mechanic. He said the ID code box and smart box is locked that is why no power come to the Start Button again for ON.He claimed that he changed the ID code box, changed the Smart Box. Now the previous smart key which was starting the car start to work again, but the new key not registered. I suspect this mechanic.

My question is, if you change smart box, id code box, will it not require reprogramming the ID code box, smart box and smart key to start working again? If he can reprogram the old smart key to work, why not add the new extra smart key. i want to know may be the mechanic did not change anything or did something and old smart key start to work and now wants me to extort money from me. suffer and pay. I had the chinese 4d smart key programmer but i never program smart key so i bought AVDI toyota commander original

Please explain to me how this work and so i know how to deal with police and court.

the AVDI toyota commander has put me in very big embarrassment. I wonder why even for car with working key, AVDI toyota commander must reset before it add key, why not just add key like SBB/MVP. I am sure the program is not good.

I need review or may be i sell of AVDI commander with mercedes, toyota, vag, nissan, chrysler, tag key programmer for $1500 only. I have SBB, MVP, and never caused me this kind of embarrassment.

I need sincere input from everybody. These big companies sometimes make big mess. Why must you reset immo, if car has one key. SBB/MVP not need reset immo and waste time and drain battery.

cjawahir
21st July, 2011, 01:28 PM
hello , what i know is that MVP and ad 100 pro need to reset immo also , both cannot add key for this vehicle i tried before .

if the battery go dead while you reset then the module is dead , ask for the old module , because if you have to pay for the new one tthen the old one is yours .

mabe you can read the eprom and post it here .

cj

keygargoil
21st July, 2011, 01:52 PM
i have done many smart keys on toyotas and to reset it doesnt damage anything you do however need 2 keys to set the immo, your problem was it that the old key was not working or that you were doing a spare key and all stopped working,

as for programmers my new orange smart key programmer cleared a toyota carolla last week in 10 mins i cycled 2 new remote keys in and it was fine