PDA

View Full Version : Softcam setup

npire1
25th July, 2011, 04:28 PM
Can anyone tell me the easiest way of using softcam keys to open channels with a ab ipbox 9900. I know i can do alot more but need to start somewhere .

npire1
31st July, 2011, 03:36 PM
Answering my own question I downloaded and installed oscam_ymod and Softcam Manager though the Plugins menu then when blue button on remote is pressed you select the softcam manager and select to run oscam_ymod to start the emulator.
This opened orf package but nothing else. Then having no other pointers i downloaded the latest softcam that i normaly use on my technomate to my pc. Then using an ftp program I located the softcam file on my box and opened it. The format was a little different so I copied the keys from the downloaded softcam file and pasted them to the origional keeping the format the same. This now opens the other packages. The only slight problem is that on some channels the oscam opens the channel but then it re encrypts after a few minutes so you must restart the oscam_ymod again and again. Seems as always the newer technology is not as good as the previous. As the wheel needs to be re-invented.
Would Like to open more but seems hard to find any laymans guides outthere!