PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed :-Blacbery Bold 9700 Sim Not Provisioned :2

u dizzy blood
26th July, 2011, 01:38 PM
Hi,my daughters bb 9700,says Sim Not Provisioned 2,Yesterday I rang o2 customer services who activated the sim for this phone but still have the same message..I`ve googled it & it seems alot of people on o2 have been having the same problems....could unlocking it get around this problem.:manuscarf:

Canker_Canison
26th July, 2011, 02:18 PM
Wrong section dude.

Where did you get the phone from?

If it was new from a shop then you need to contact O2 again or try another working O2 SIM in the phone.

If the phone works with the 2nd working SIM, O2 customer services don't know what they're doing.

If the phone still shows SIM not provisioned with a known working SIM in it, the phone has been blocked.
If you bought it new from a main dealer (O2, Phones 4 U, etc) contact O2 & kick off. The chances are some muppet keyed in the wrong IMEI when blacklisting a phone reported as lost of stolen.
If this was purchased second hand or as a recon from an independent shop or online through ebay, you're screwed. You can try calling O2, but unless you can convince the muppet that this was done in error, nothing can be done.

There are a lot of 'if's' with this. Worst case would mean getting it unlocked & selling it overseas.

u dizzy blood
26th July, 2011, 02:51 PM
hi thanks for the reply,she had it off ebay because her original bb 9700 contract phone fell in the loo.I`ve phoned o2 to check the imei number with them to see if it was blocked,but they said no it hadn`t,it needed the sim activating to the phone which they did,but still not working :- sim not provisioned 2

Canker_Canison
28th July, 2011, 02:05 PM
Try another SIM that you know works. If it still shows not provisioned you could do a factory reset.

Menu > Settings > Security > Menu > Wipe hand held.

Is the network turned on?

Menu > Network > Mobile network (make sure it's turned on)

Also check the IMEI on the back of the phone with the IMEI held in the phone (*#06#). If the phone had a housing change the IMEI won't match up.