PDA

View Full Version : help me please

westland
27th July, 2011, 05:10 PM
I tried to load blackhole image into my box by using VU utilities with rs232 nothing happened and I got black screen and looks like vdead box!!!!!! can anyone help me to put image on and which programme should i use :argh::argh:

dell_xps
27th July, 2011, 06:10 PM
Use the latest vix image, stick it on a usb,
Stick it in the vu duo, switch it on, let it install.
You'll find latest image here, any probs post back.
Vix is a better image IMHO.
:-)

westland
27th July, 2011, 06:20 PM
I will do that now but I am looking at black screen remote brings nothing no menu nothing.
But using vu utilities it is accepting files????????

westland
27th July, 2011, 06:40 PM
put usb in nothing on screen????????????????

dell_xps
27th July, 2011, 08:33 PM
How do you have it connected via HDMI or scart ?

dell_xps
27th July, 2011, 08:35 PM
Ok at a guess I think you will have to flash the original VU+ image back on the box then flash it again with the Team Vix image.

westland
27th July, 2011, 10:10 PM
Using scart and have turned off then on with nothing else in my usb, but nothing, tried front and back usb's, any more help please :dong:

dell_xps
27th July, 2011, 10:32 PM
Take the scart out, and hook it up with an hdmi cable m8.
See if you get a pic, if so flash team vix image onto it.

dell_xps
27th July, 2011, 10:33 PM
Flashing, use front usb ok :-)

westland
28th July, 2011, 08:21 AM
Sussed it thank you dell_xps your help was tremendous, I never would have continued with the box until you said there was a way THANX M8

dell_xps
28th July, 2011, 04:33 PM
No probs m8, glad to of helped :-)

mtv1
28th July, 2011, 04:41 PM
hi dell i've got a problem with my vu+ , its really a dm800hd pro :roflmao: can you fix it :hmmmm:

dell_xps
28th July, 2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah get yerself down to the petrol station, wee drop oh petrol, poor on top of it, light it :-), solve all your problems...lol

cableguy2010
19th January, 2012, 04:23 PM
Hello Guys,

I upgraded to a new Vu Solo today and attempted to reflash the drive with with last Vix version using the usb method. It worked until i ran the auto update on the VIX software. The box froze and i attempted to update the bootloader and may have corrupted the system.

After some playing around im stuck with a solid red and have attempted to reflash it to no avail.

please help

RuberDuck
19th January, 2012, 04:24 PM
you did not flash the bootloader first ? as the bootloader is needed for use with Kernel 3.1.1 images.

cableguy2010
19th January, 2012, 04:28 PM
No i followed XPS instructions and flashed via usb stick. Tried to update the bootloader afterwards

cableguy2010
19th January, 2012, 04:29 PM
Is there anyway to get the box working again?

RuberDuck
19th January, 2012, 04:54 PM
I dont believe there is a way to fix this problem at the moment as you have corrupted your bootloader. you must update the bootloader on the receiver before trying to flash any image with the 3.1.1 kernel.

cableguy2010
19th January, 2012, 05:02 PM
Oh well, thats that then! Its a bit annoying that one bad flash can destroy the whole box! Not impressed with the VU Solo to say the least. Thanks for your help mate!

cactikid
19th January, 2012, 08:41 PM
sorry to hear that,but reading the tuts does it not state to update the bootloader first? hope something can be done to fix it.

To use this release, you will need to flash the bootloader before flashing the image

Because of kernel change, you will not be able to perform an online update. A full flash is required for this version of ViX image. But you can use Backup Manager to backup your setting, although any extra plugin will not be reinstalled by the wizard due to the kernel change.

cableguy2010
20th January, 2012, 01:23 PM
The only tutorial i could find out the time was by Del_xps on the below link

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f195/setting-up-vu-duo-using-team-vix-image-203110/

It was very good but refered to and old Vix image - After the tutorial it say run update straight away. Obviously the new update then caused the issue.

I will add to a post to the tutorial to stop people making the same mistake. Luckily the dealer have agreed to have the box back.

dell_xps
20th January, 2012, 01:49 PM
Soz m8, thats an old tut, when I first got my box, RD has posted one about Kernal etc, I can only apologise, just wish you had posted a how to before going ahead and flashing your box.
Where did you buy it from ?

cableguy2010
20th January, 2012, 02:13 PM
Its just one of those things mate! A local dealer who imports them! I think the excitment of having the Vu box got the better of me.... lol