PDA

View Full Version : Wii Fit

Dreamer
25th April, 2008, 06:13 PM
Just got my board today and have been trying it out. It's pretty cool. The aerobic ones like jogging are funny cause the other Miis of your friends are there with you too.

Anyone else got one?

:girl:

goldie08
25th April, 2008, 07:27 PM
does keep you fit tho mate have you opened any more yet

Dreamer
25th April, 2008, 07:31 PM
tightrope walking, some exercise and Yoga ones.

I need a rest!!

I just got it a couple of hours ago. But I just cant do anymore just now. I'm exercising my arm to my mouth now

Enticy
27th April, 2008, 01:51 PM
We got one on friday good fun just hoping to get fit now lol.

gary030870
30th April, 2008, 01:28 AM
I have ordered a copy from Argos, just waiting for them to restock...Is it as good as they say.

I am a local Community Worker and got a wii for work.(or was it for me...I cant decide lol)..its good to see a nintendo going after the interactive market, and it is also good for children and young people cause it is so physical and not just sitting at home killing things opn screen.

Of course the boxing gives you a good workout lol or mario at the olympics. all the arm moving must be good for you.

wiifit is the next stage up, so I am hoping for good things out of it.

crashtestmac
30th April, 2008, 02:13 PM
I think that i am going to have to fork out for one of these....

My boss is unable to walk after using it every day since he got it...!!!

father ted
30th April, 2008, 02:18 PM
i cant get one anywhere :(

Tizzer22
30th April, 2008, 04:46 PM
I got the wii fit today and it was there last one in Toys R Us. :burnout:

This site will check selected stores who have it in stock..

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/wii-fit-in-stock.asp

Gamestation are fly as fcuk there selling as a bundle.

Renwich
30th April, 2008, 07:24 PM
I got one from Asda on the night before the release, well worth it , I'm well knacked

smirnoff_rules
30th April, 2008, 07:30 PM
not like amazon to take the piss on prices http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000VJRU44/ref=dp_olp_2

think l will give it a week .. l take it your copies r working ok on your bend wii's ?
l that it it does come with a disc lol

Dreamer
1st May, 2008, 09:35 AM
They have a screen that pops up now and then to suggest you take a 15min break every hour. They ought to have one that says

"You've been playing for 1 hour and you're going to be a bit sore 2morow"
You've been playing for 2 hours and you're going feel the pain 2morrow"
You've been playing for 3 hours and this is the phone number for wheelchair rentals"

I had to stop using it the past couple of days cause my legs got so sore.

:stickyman:

ozfromcuba
12th May, 2008, 09:55 PM
I love me wii sports-cant wait to get this but looks like i might have to wait a while am not paying eb:banghead:ay prices

McMav
13th May, 2008, 03:37 PM
managed to order one at game online yesterday its in the post today so should be here tomorrow. Pity wife wont get to use it coz the footies on tomorrow night :D

Dreamer
13th May, 2008, 03:44 PM
@ McMav If you like a drink down the pub then this could work to your advantage. Your wife will be keen to try out her new board. She might send you to the pub and even give you some money too!!

:idea:

McMav
13th May, 2008, 04:26 PM
Nope superstition here watched all the "away" legs at home and always got the result we needed so will continue I'll maybe send her to the pub :)

pjmoss
13th May, 2008, 09:48 PM
I was told 3 weeks by game:motz::motz::motz::motz:

icaicm
13th May, 2008, 11:37 PM
got mine from argos. reserve it over the web and then just collected it next day and paid em.

McMav
14th May, 2008, 01:23 PM
well it arrived this morning not bad since I ordered late on Monday.

Wii Fit age of 38 matching my actual age. I would say though game should be called wii balance though as its more directed at balance and posture.

jsjazz
15th May, 2008, 09:35 PM
I got one from Argos. Are there any other games that work with the board other than the included Wiifit?

dboxdaz
17th May, 2008, 12:45 PM
its great keeps the kids amused for hours

monochrome_man
17th May, 2008, 02:04 PM
Wii Fit is really cool especially the hoola hoop.

Dreamer
18th May, 2008, 10:12 AM
JsJazz asked if there were any other games that use the wii balance board.

As far as I know wii Ski is due in uk shops on June 13th. I'm sure it won't be long before we get other titles.

matty125
6th June, 2008, 07:13 AM
Hi,

Has there been any talk about releasing the balance board without purchasing wiifit?

With new titles being created (skiing) I would think you must be able to purchase the board seperatly?

Sorry if this has been asked before...

Thanks

Dreamer
6th June, 2008, 08:57 AM
I think they will probably keep selling it bundled with wii fit.

father ted
6th June, 2008, 09:32 AM
there is talk at this moment in time realting to "copy" board on the scene

Dreamer
7th June, 2008, 09:49 AM
Now that wii fit has been out for a while and the novelty has worn off. I find I'm not using it that much. The yoga and muscle workouts are too slow paced to get any benefit I think. The games are still fun but getting a bit boring now unless there are a few of you just having a laugh. I'm still enjoying the earobic boxing one but it seems too slow paced aswell. I guess it's like wii sport. Just a taster session. We'll just have to wait on all the games to go with it.

Kelly
12th June, 2008, 01:35 PM
I think they will probably keep selling it bundled with wii fit.

you can get a wii fit bundle just now, with the travel carry case and battery pack.
I got mine when it was first realsed, but no shops are getting them in now until July sometime, as my pal is after one, and she contacted Nintendo to see when shops are getting more in, and they told her july depending on the shop!

backtozero
14th July, 2008, 03:39 PM
Cant beat having some friends around for some drunken ski jumping on the wii fit.

Eddie the Eagle watch yer back :)

ozfromcuba
15th July, 2008, 10:37 PM
just got the wii fit after long wait....and great fun it is to

C64
15th July, 2008, 11:29 PM
Where can i get this?

All the online sales sites I've tried are sold out :(

My 1st legit Wii game ;)

on_the_jazz
26th July, 2008, 08:03 PM
Where can i get this?

All the online sales sites I've tried are sold out :(

My 1st legit Wii game ;)

My friend got his from here (http://www.freemans.com/web/main/productdisplay.asp?An=681&Ntt=wiifit&A=87E655%5F&N=0&Nty=1&Au=P%5FMasterItem&Nu=P%5FMasterItem&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ns=P%5FColour%7C0%7C%7CP%5FSize%7C0&Ntk=PRIMARY), might be worth ordering in advance. Price is better than ebay.

Use this code at the checkout for another 10% off - ZB7P

jase555
8th August, 2008, 08:13 PM
just got one from play this week if its any use

jase

Oggy
8th August, 2008, 08:45 PM
I got 2 from Play.com on Monday, ordered last week, yet to play it yet as Ive been working

ZooLio
13th August, 2008, 08:41 PM
yup, they are coming thru thick and fast now, i just got 3 from play yesterday.

Dreamer
15th August, 2008, 07:15 PM
yup, they are coming thru thick and fast now, i just got 3 from play yesterday.

Just wanted to say what a cool avatar zoolio. that takes me back quite a few years to my Amiga. Zool was one of the best games for the Amiga I think:thrasher: