PDA

View Full Version : Cracked screen on HTC Mozart

poolietim
30th July, 2011, 03:27 AM
Anyone any idea how much it will cost to get a new screen fitted to one of these phones??

andy1weir
30th July, 2011, 01:38 PM
about 45 quid if you can do it yourself

poolietim
31st July, 2011, 01:16 AM
about 45 quid if you can do it yourself

No chance of that mate, any idea how much a shop would charge??

Canker_Canison
1st August, 2011, 06:05 PM
If it's the outer glass/digitizer you'll be looking at around ?30 fitted.

The LCD will be between ?45-?60 depending on the source of the LCD

If it's both you're gonna take an ?80 hit, max.

The location of the shop might effect the prices, I'm just basing it on what we would charge for the repairs

andy1weir
1st August, 2011, 09:02 PM
If it's the outer glass/digitizer you'll be looking at around ?30 fitted.

The LCD will be between ?45-?60 depending on the source of the LCD

If it's both you're gonna take an ?80 hit, max.

The location of the shop might effect the prices, I'm just basing it on what we would charge for the repairs

i found botht he lcd and digitizer on ebay for 45 quid mate, altho i think digi was from hong kong , but lcd was deffo uk one

Canker_Canison
2nd August, 2011, 05:20 PM
But he doesn't want to fit it himself.

I only ever use parts from china if our suppliers don't have them.

Most of the time they will be ok, but it's a long time to wait for a part that doesn't work.

poolietim
3rd August, 2011, 11:24 AM
It is just the screen what is cracked, but the touch screen is sometimes un responsive, could that just be due to the cracked screen or something worse??

Canker_Canison
4th August, 2011, 07:16 PM
It's hard to say without seeing the phone myself.

If the impact was bad enough to crack the LCD, but not the digitizer, it may of still damaged the tracks for the digitizer.

But it could also be a software issue or due to water damage.

Do a little research in your area for a trusted repair shop. They should be able to repair the LCD & find out whats happening with the digitizer.

Always ask if they have the parts in stock as you would like it done 'today'. It's not always a sign of a good shop, but those are expensive parts, if they have them it's more likely they have repaired the Mozart before.

Having said that, we don't carry them in stock... But we are a trusted repair shop.

If you feel like being a 'have a go hero' you should read this first... Mozart SD card replacement (http://lifeinthefastlaneok.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/new-htc-7-mozart-sd-card-memory-upgrade/). It doesn't go on to show how you remove the LCD & Digitizer, but it gives you an idea as to how bad it could be.
I've never repaired a Mozart before, and after reading that I'm not looking forward to the first one.

poolietim
5th August, 2011, 10:46 AM
It's hard to say without seeing the phone myself.

If the impact was bad enough to crack the LCD, but not the digitizer, it may of still damaged the tracks for the digitizer.

But it could also be a software issue or due to water damage.

Do a little research in your area for a trusted repair shop. They should be able to repair the LCD & find out whats happening with the digitizer.

Always ask if they have the parts in stock as you would like it done 'today'. It's not always a sign of a good shop, but those are expensive parts, if they have them it's more likely they have repaired the Mozart before.

Having said that, we don't carry them in stock... But we are a trusted repair shop.

If you feel like being a 'have a go hero' you should read this first... Mozart SD card replacement (http://lifeinthefastlaneok.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/new-htc-7-mozart-sd-card-memory-upgrade/). It doesn't go on to show how you remove the LCD & Digitizer, but it gives you an idea as to how bad it could be.
I've never repaired a Mozart before, and after reading that I'm not looking forward to the first one.

Thanks mate, will take it to a shop and see what they charge, another issue I am now having is it wont let me connect to the zune program on my pc, it wont let me transfer my data to my pc, would that be a pc issue or is itr something to do with phone, or even data cable, it lets me charge phone using data cable!!!! Any ideas mate??

Canker_Canison
5th August, 2011, 11:28 AM
I'd be looking at the software on the phone.

If it doesn't connect first time & work correctly restart both the phone & the PC.

Had a similar problem with a Tytn II many moons ago. But this was on windows 6.1 which is a lot less stable than windows 7.

Can you back everything up & store it on the MicroSD card? Again different o/s, my Omnia HD will back up & restore from the microSD. If you can, do it, then reset the phone. The memory card should not be touched during the reset.

The process of resetting should reinstall windows onto the phone. This should resolve any software issues.

poolietim
5th August, 2011, 11:43 AM
I'd be looking at the software on the phone.

If it doesn't connect first time & work correctly restart both the phone & the PC.

Had a similar problem with a Tytn II many moons ago. But this was on windows 6.1 which is a lot less stable than windows 7.

Can you back everything up & store it on the MicroSD card? Again different o/s, my Omnia HD will back up & restore from the microSD. If you can, do it, then reset the phone. The memory card should not be touched during the reset.

The process of resetting should reinstall windows onto the phone. This should resolve any software issues.

Wouldnt know were to start mate...lol, either how to back up, restore or reset phone ...

Canker_Canison
5th August, 2011, 02:59 PM
Pick your chosen language from here (http://www.htc.com/uk/userguide.aspx?p_id=327).

poolietim
5th August, 2011, 03:23 PM
Pick your chosen language from here (http://www.htc.com/uk/userguide.aspx?p_id=327).

Excellent, thanks mate...but, I have another question, I have had the phone unlocked to any network, if I do a factory reset, will the phone still be unlocked or will it go back to original network???

Sorry for all the questions..

Canker_Canison
15th August, 2011, 01:08 PM
It will stay unlocked.... As long as it was unlocked using a code & not a dodgy app or piece of software.