PDA

View Full Version : help identifying siemens maps using winols

typergaz
4th August, 2011, 08:28 PM
hi all i have a 2007 seal leon 2.0 tdi 170 with a siemens ppd 1.2 ecu. The thing is ive read pages and pages of guides for identifying maps using winols but there all for bosch ecu's, when i look at winols for my read out i am finding it difficult to identify any, even the potential maps dont look anything like bosch maps. I am still new and learning about chip tuning.

could anyone please help me heres an attachment of my ori read

lolooo1981
4th August, 2011, 08:45 PM
hi all i have a 2007 seal leon 2.0 tdi 170 with a siemens ppd 1.2 ecu. The thing is ive read pages and pages of guides for identifying maps using winols but there all for bosch ecu's, when i look at winols for my read out i am finding it difficult to identify any, even the potential maps dont look anything like bosch maps. I am still new and learning about chip tuning.

If you are interested by tuning file send me PM.

Best regards

atd
7th August, 2011, 01:58 AM
Look in 2d mode...or study race/ecm drivers for maps recognition firstly

bazare
7th August, 2011, 07:02 AM
yes indeed ... study race / ecm and maybe you will find out that EGR is turbo map, and diesel cars have spark advance. :hmmmm:
What a good joke ... those sw are completely useless if you don't know what to do. My advice is to go to a pro.

ducatisti
7th August, 2011, 04:15 PM
yes indeed ... study race / ecm and maybe you will find out that EGR is turbo map, and diesel cars have spark advance. :hmmmm:
What a good joke ... those sw are completely useless if you don't know what to do. My advice is to go to a pro.

Plus 1

I know a guy trying to tune Italian bikes with ecm . You ask for fuel at ten degrees throttle and 5 thousand rpm then it gives you fuel at ten .

I agree . Find a pro or learn yourself but there is no getting away from the fact you will also need a dyno to check the maps and breakpoints adjust in the right places .

Also since I now make my own bike drivers using winols including latest r6 and Ducati gp bikes , having learnt more about ecu code and how it really functions as opposed to how I thought it worked in return its now enhanced my tuning skills and changed my approach on how I tune .

filecloud
7th August, 2011, 04:58 PM

Hello
Winols (legal version 2.00.00 or above) can identify siemens ppd maps properly. But it needs a full 2MB read, not a fake like the one attached. The reason is simple: The map pointers are outside the datablock. Without them you never figure out which axis belongs to what map.
greetings,
filecloud

lolooo1981
7th August, 2011, 05:02 PM
file is encrypted by magpro2 slave it seems.

Best regards

filecloud
7th August, 2011, 05:12 PM
file is encrypted by magpro2 slave it seems.

Best regards

Nonsense!
This is an open datablock read and the file is 100% original.
greetings,
filecloud

atd
7th August, 2011, 11:31 PM
Guy said that couldn't find any map! If he look in f.e. ecm titanium maps addresses then can let himself think about what map it is and work in Winols! I'm sure that phase of injection is an EGR map etc. But it gives an area for deductions. I also agree - rubbish sw.

Go to a pro tuner or buy Swiftec, there is good assistance but also less fun.

ipejasinovic
7th August, 2011, 11:50 PM
File is OK and maps can be easily spotted in 2D mode. But, like someone mentioned before, for proper tuning on Siemens ECU, you must read ECU through BDM, because files like this one above have lack of axis, because they aren't stored in Data block.