PDA

View Full Version : DM800HD PVR .........!

fahimjan
5th August, 2011, 08:53 PM
Hello friends !

I am here from Afghanistan .
I have dm800hd pvr and today it face a problem , The light of Ethernet is showing of when the DHCP ip show on the screen of the box and dont show any channel or picture on the TV.

It also not connect with Dream up ?

Thanks

andy211081
5th August, 2011, 09:54 PM
When you say no picture do you mean nothing? have you attached to a sat dish that is aligned to the correct sat you want to pick up?

fahimjan
5th August, 2011, 10:14 PM
By saying "no picture" its mean that when DM start and after boot it not showing any thing on TV , no sound , no picture , no video , no setting of dm and Image .......... !

Thanks

andy91
5th August, 2011, 10:35 PM
By saying "no picture" its mean that when DM start and after boot it not showing any thing on TV , no sound , no picture , no video , no setting of dm and Image .......... !

Thanks

Is the box connected to a dish and has the network been setup?
You need to tell the forum more if you want some success,like image etc
Can you see ip address if you hold the power button in then apply power and let go when it says stop?
If nothing you need a null modrm cable and connect with dreamup and reflash.

Andy.

fahimjan
5th August, 2011, 10:46 PM
When i bought it i setup all setting and about 25days i am using it ,

Yes it showing "Stop" when i hold the power button and also showing the IP , but the ip not working in browser !

No , the null cable not connect with Dream up !
The lights of Ethernet is showing off when the DHCP ip comes on screen of the box

Thanks

andy91
5th August, 2011, 10:54 PM
When i bought it i setup all setting and about 25days i am using it ,

Yes it showing "Stop" when i hold the power button and also showing the IP , but the ip not working in browser !

No , the null cable not connect with Dream up !
The lights of Ethernet is showing off when the DHCP ip comes on screen of the box

Thanks

Dont suppose your using Firefox are you?
Use internet Explorer as the default browser.

Andy,

fahimjan
5th August, 2011, 11:20 PM
Yes , i am using firefox , but with internet Explorer also not work ?

When "Stop" comes , the Ethernet light goes off ?

cunny
5th August, 2011, 11:22 PM
Double check ip in router main page

andy91
5th August, 2011, 11:25 PM
Yes , i am using firefox , but with internet Explorer also not work ?

When "Stop" comes , the Ethernet light goes off ?

When you see the stop on the Dreambox are you then putting this is your browser and hitting enter?
If its not responding you might have to try and flash with null modem and dreamup.

Andy.

fahimjan
5th August, 2011, 11:30 PM
There is no ip for dm in router !

I think the problem is there , where the lights of Ethernet goes OFF , What you think ?

Because some time , when the Ethernet light goes off my dm would not works , and i switched off it for one or two hours , after it when i plug it to switch ON it the lights of Ethernet will be ON and dm worked fine.

Now the lights come ON just in starting , after when ip comes on the screen of the box the lights of Ethernet goes Off , Hope i explained the problem .

Thanks

fahimjan
5th August, 2011, 11:31 PM
When you see the stop on the Dreambox are you then putting this is your browser and hitting enter?
If its not responding you might have to try and flash with null modem and dreamup.

Andy.

The box is not connect with Dream up ?

andy91
5th August, 2011, 11:31 PM
There is no ip for dm in router !

I think the problem is there , where the lights of Ethernet goes OFF , What you think ?

Because some time , when the Ethernet light goes off my dm would not works , and i switched off it for one or two hours , after it when i plug it to switch ON it the lights of Ethernet will be ON and dm worked fine.

Now the lights come ON just in starting , after when ip comes on the screen of the box the lights of Ethernet goes Off , Hope i explained the problem .

Thanks

Try another ethernet lead thats a start.

Andy.

cunny
5th August, 2011, 11:33 PM
What version of dreamup are you using?

fahimjan
5th August, 2011, 11:35 PM
I didnt couch ?

fahimjan
5th August, 2011, 11:36 PM
What version of dreamup are you using?

I have tried these 3 version !

cunny
5th August, 2011, 11:40 PM
Try this thread

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/tut-how-fix-no-ca-all-dm800hd-120977/

andy91
5th August, 2011, 11:41 PM

I have tried these 3 version !

Are you using a null modem cable??
Sometimes with ethernet it will work.

Andy.

fahimjan
5th August, 2011, 11:55 PM
Are you using a null modem cable??
Sometimes with ethernet it will work.

Andy.

I am using Rs232 cable !

cunny
6th August, 2011, 12:01 AM
Straight into a comms port no usb?

fahimjan
6th August, 2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah , i am using com port , not usb !

mtv1
6th August, 2011, 04:07 PM
he meant at the same time don't have the ethernet connected while using dreamup also try different versions of dreamup i've found that some don't work ,had a few boxes in the past that wouldn't flash patience wins out keep trying switch the box on and off a few times while connected to dreamup and as your box is still under warranty no worries have you contacted the seller for advice ??

fahimjan
6th August, 2011, 05:03 PM
he meant at the same time don't have the ethernet connected while using dreamup also try different versions of dreamup i've found that some don't work ,had a few boxes in the past that wouldn't flash patience wins out keep trying switch the box on and off a few times while connected to dreamup and as your box is still under warranty no worries have you contacted the seller for advice ??

No , i didnt contact with seller yet !
The main problem is this , that when i start the box the lights of Ethernet is active , when the ip comes on the screen of the box the lights of Ethernet goes down and then box not work probably ?

fahimjan
7th August, 2011, 04:25 PM
Update my problem !

andy91
7th August, 2011, 04:51 PM
Update my problem !

All the guys on here were like you at some stage a noob.
We are not technicians and we dont get paid for offerering advice or we can do is pass on what we have learnt.
If you cant connect you need to keep trying and be patient and if that dont work buy another Dreambox.

Andy.

mtv1
7th August, 2011, 04:56 PM
All the guys on here were like you at some stage a noob.
We are not technicians and we dont get paid for offerering advice or we can do is pass on what we have learnt.
If you cant connect you need to keep trying and be patient and if that dont work buy another Dreambox.

Andy.

we have told you all we know m8 your box is still under warranty if dreamup won't work thats that i'm afraid please contact the seller get youself a dm500s less complicated for a starter :)

Mjolinor
7th August, 2011, 04:56 PM
When a DM800 shows these problems then the ethernet lights cannot be taken to mean anything. I suspect that the internal power supply is stuffed, send it back if it is under warranty.

fahimjan
7th August, 2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks all friends for replaying and tried to help me !