PDA

View Full Version : hi need help with ab ipbox 9000HD

cossworth
5th August, 2011, 11:16 PM
hi my m8 has a ab ipbox9000HD and i said id help him get it working i myself have a vu+duo and dm800 all i want to know is i want to install a image to the flash namely this image BMT 0.99 YETI based on CRi 13554 so i was wondering on this link here

BMTeam Download (http://download.bmteam.eu/?&&path=images%2FYeti-13554/)

which one is for the ab ip 9000hd is it just the one that says cubrevo on it and to follow these instructions which file is it i need the tar.gz version or the usb version

1. Software upgrade through flash USB memory device (host):
***8208; Backup all data saved on your USB memory device and after it erase all data.
***8208; Copy an image software (any of usb_all, usb_all_noboot***8230;..) from your PC into USB
flash memory and rename it into usb_update.img .
***8208; Use ***8220;Safety remove USB device***8221; function before disconnecting your USB flash
memory.
***8208; Turn off your receiver ( + ) and connect USB memory to USB (host)
connector on your receiver.
***8208; Press and hold Standby ( ) on front panel until ***8220;BOOTING***8221; message appears on
display. Press Up button ( ). ***8220;USB UPGRADE***8221; message shoul appear on display
of your receiver ***8211; software update performs automatically.
***8208; Wait until DONE message appears and restart your receiver.

so also can someone tell me if im on the right path here as i dont want to muck this up as its not my box and realy i just want to run oscam ect from the image in the flash so the image i want to put on i want to put on the flash and after its finished i dont want to have a usb stick installed please help

ok never got a reply on this so i thought id just enter my own reply and finding just incase someone else like me is stuck doing this and doesnt want all the hassle of installing enigma 2 and wants a quick fix so here goes

yes you are on right track and yes the cubrevo image on that site is for the 9000HD
format youre?s usb in Fat32 and rename the image to
usb_update.img
then do this:
1:Turn off your receiver (+ on the back side) and connect USB memory to USB (host) connector on your receiver
2:Press and hold Standby on front panel until ***8220;BOOTING***8221; message appears on display. Press Up button (arrow).
***8220;USB UPGRADE***8221; message shoul appear on display of your receiver ***8211; software update performs automatically
3:Wait until DONE message appears and restart your receiver

if you get a error code 10, means that it is wrong on your?s usb
memory, re format it and put a image on again