PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help/loss of channels

chedd
22nd December, 2008, 05:50 PM
hi guys hope you can help

about 4 months ago i purchased a eagle linux box of a friend who set the box up to recieve channels her also provided me with channels free of charge. problems is today i have got up and i have no channels my box loads upto a screen that say ( eagle image v4 alsat team ) with a message say image loading please wait. once my box is on the screen the picture will start to flash on and off about every 30 seconds. i have no remote access i cant get to menu or anything. is there anyway you can help with this.

thx chedd

Devilfish
22nd December, 2008, 11:10 PM
Sounds like you are using cardsharing (which we cannot discuss on this forum) and your image is corrupt which would mean you will need to reflash the image to get it working again but that would look all your configs and you wouldn't get all the channels when it comes back up. Best bet is to contact the person you got the box from and see if the can fix it.

chedd
22nd December, 2008, 11:52 PM
hi and thanks for your reply.it would seem that i have an error 10057 about the socket but i am too new to understand it,lol.so i think i have wasted my money.thanks

Curious123
22nd December, 2008, 11:59 PM
Not sure how much you spent on the box but if you can be bothered to read some of the posts on the dreambox section you may be able to fix your box by reflashing it with a new image.

.: JaCkPoT :.
23rd December, 2008, 12:53 AM
Is a eagle linux the same as a dreambox?

chedd
29th December, 2008, 09:52 PM
yes exactly the same but for some reason i have an image loading on the screen and thats it,i cannot get into the menu.the loading screen does not go any further.

cauliflower69
29th December, 2008, 10:01 PM
corrupt image as was already stated m8.

chedd
29th December, 2008, 11:52 PM
but if i cannot get past the loading page for the image,how do i get into menu or setup?

Curious123
30th December, 2008, 01:19 AM
Looks like you won't be able to do anything with your box until you have flashed new image onto your box. To flash the image you will need a null modem cable and a copy of the image you want to flash to your box. Check out the stickies in the dreambox cable section where it explains how to flash a new image onto your box.