PDA

View Full Version : 912dongle full flash atmega16

drpeter
7th August, 2011, 11:47 AM
Hi,

I have 4 defect dongles, bought some atmega16 MCU's to repair them, strange thing is the defect onces contains data. The 5th working dongle contains no data (empty FFFFF)?
Someone has a dump for me from a working dongle? Full flash and eeprom if possible. I want to know if your dongle memory is also empty.

Thanks.

almeida
7th August, 2011, 08:13 PM
hello peter,
i think you can?t read because they are protected, and because that you read fffffff at the working dongle.
so the only option is buy a new one, i have some working dongles that i can?t send to you or use upa.......
cheers

drpeter
7th August, 2011, 08:44 PM
hello peter,
i think you can?t read because they are protected, and because that you read fffffff at the working dongle.
so the only option is buy a new one, i have some working dongles that i can?t send to you or use upa.......
cheers

Not on the chinese ones, the lock and fuse bits are all off (false). You can try to read the dumps with upa if you want, you can connect 6 wires on the header, near the resistor.

oep
7th August, 2011, 09:00 PM
drpeter, if thay are off then you can read it no problem, have you tried of board?
I had similar case, i had to;
erase, set def.fuses, erase, write fuses, write eep/fw.
try it.. maybe works..

drpeter
7th August, 2011, 09:26 PM
drpeter, if thay are off then you can read it no problem, have you tried of board?
I had similar case, i had to;
erase, set def.fuses, erase, write fuses, write eep/fw.
try it.. maybe works..

Yes I know it is possible to read off board, but you have to programm the calibrated internal oscillator for read write then. This mode is selected by programming fuse bits in range 0001 to 0100. 001 = 1 Mhz 011 = 4 Mhz etc.. I know. I rather use the onboard 16Mhz oscillator.
I only want to experiment with these boards, it is easier to buy some, but I bought 2 pieces and both are not ok. I damaged a 3th myself. And it is fun to do, have some spare time left. Today I also damaged a 9s12dg128 processor by playing with it, next time I use lower voltage and resistors for protecting (reset, etc...). Ordered some new. They are defect even if you look at them. Don't know why I could do all those volvo's without a problem last years lol..

oep
7th August, 2011, 09:41 PM
What are you reading with ? What tool?

drpeter
8th August, 2011, 08:58 AM
What are you reading with ? What tool?

UPA usb programmer

RMCtech
8th August, 2011, 01:51 PM
Some not working dongles come without lock in the atmega(maybe because the chinese manufacturer know he not have the working dumps and he don't spend time to lock CPU) but the working ones come with lock

I have a working one and I already try to read it to get the dump because I also have few not working but the working one is locked.

hcip
8th August, 2011, 03:25 PM
I have a working one and I already try to read it to get the dump because I also have few not working but the working one is locked.

Do you have a dump? Please upload here

drpeter
8th August, 2011, 04:29 PM

I have dumps from a defect dongle, all my defect dongels contain the same data. See attachment. I can not read my working dongle.

exe123
8th August, 2011, 05:46 PM
your ?dumps just have crap data. typical content when you read protected atmega.

RMCtech
8th August, 2011, 08:01 PM

Not, I have a working dongle but I can not read a valid dump, it's protected, I only read 123456.....

That's what I wanted to said, all working dongles are protected, only not working dongles come unprotected.

stevan
8th August, 2011, 10:09 PM
drpeter,PM