PDA

View Full Version : Can't access BBCiplayer

clem58
8th August, 2011, 07:12 PM
At the weekend i tried to log on to BBCiplayer but was meet with a message telling me that my IP ADDRESS is not in the uk. To-day i phoned virgin, they claim to be baffled by this saying that my IP ADDRESS is uk based. I have since discovered that i have the same problem with my PS3 there's no message, just the IPLAYER as you would expect to see it except it won't open any programmes. The guy on the VIRGIN HELPLINE tried to help sort it out by first checking if i was using a PROXY SERVER. alas he could find no problem with any of my equipment. He tried to compensate by telling me i could use a proxy server to log on. Can any of you guys enlighten me as to whats maybe goin on and how it can be sorted out. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIES.:hmmmm:

After thought! my son in law installed a new HDD and increased my RAM by an extra GB into my laptop, is there a possibility the problem could be mechanical that said i don't have any other problems.

clem58
9th August, 2011, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE=clem58;1204141]At the weekend i tried to log on to BBCiplayer but was meet with a message telling me that my IP ADDRESS is not in the uk. To-day i phoned virgin, they claim to be baffled by this saying that my IP ADDRESS is uk based. I have since discovered that i have the same problem with my PS3 there's no message, just the IPLAYER as you would expect to see it except it won't open any programmes. The guy on the VIRGIN HELPLINE tried to help sort it out by first checking if i was using a PROXY SERVER. alas he could find no problem with any of my equipment. He tried to compensate by telling me i could use a proxy server to log on. Can any of you guys enlighten me as to whats maybe goin on and how it can be sorted out. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIES.:hmmmm:

After thought! my son in law installed a new HDD and increased my RAM by an extra GB into my laptop, is there a possibility the problem could be mechanical that said i don't have any other problems.[/QUOTE

sorted the problem was caused by OPERA i'm now using explorer.:party :

thewizardofodds
9th August, 2011, 12:29 AM
OPERA goes through us proxies for some reason

nara
9th August, 2011, 08:43 AM
OPERA goes through us proxies for some reason

That's interesting! Could be useful. ;)

Reapers
9th August, 2011, 03:37 PM
apparently this is not a lone problem a few peeps have this issue

For Reference
BBC iPlayer - Help - I'm in the UK but told that I'm not, what should I do? (http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/outside_the_uk/told_not_in_uk)

so might want to check with the isp again.

but here some other things as well.

if have used any proxies in the past or any programs that use or
had access to change your network ip?

sometimes programs that use proxies even removed there settings
remain or when people have used them might of forgot the remove them

things that are common with proxies

standalone programs if you havent had any thats fine just need to
check your in the search box type cmd then ipconfig/all

Browsers firefox and opera sometimes you will need to check the
network settings in the browsers and reset them to default if they have
been used with a proxy.

sometimes even certain security packages come with parts in the softwares
which give anonymity as well so check your security

if none of it work you might need to resort to resetting router and modem so
it restablishes with the isp and it renews the addresses.