PDA

View Full Version : windows installation disc

ack1234
8th August, 2011, 08:30 PM
hi does anyone know where i can download an installation disc for xp ,got a eee pc lap top which is telling me to use one of these disc and press r .tried to down load and burn to disc but dont know if im doing this right because nothing seems to boot thanks.

costa
8th August, 2011, 08:47 PM
set bios to boot from disk first m8

irishbluestaffy
8th August, 2011, 08:48 PM
have u set the laptop to boot from disc

costa
8th August, 2011, 08:51 PM
who asked you irishbluestaffy lol and n e good torrent page m8 if you dont no how to boot from disk 1st then google it m8 its easy

ack1234
8th August, 2011, 08:58 PM
yes ive changed bios settings and it will boot up recovery disc but only goes so far then stops .turn back on says file missing run installation disc (which i didnt get with it )press r ?

costa
8th August, 2011, 09:06 PM
dose it boot xp from start up?

Shady
8th August, 2011, 09:09 PM
download a copy of xp, get an external dvd drive, hook it up. set eeepc to boot from usb device, run xp setup

ack1234
8th August, 2011, 09:20 PM
no it does not boot up as soon as u turn on get start windows normal etc just runs same screen wot ever u press.got an external drive.on one thread it says i could get one off this site tryed downloads but couldnt find anything thanks

costa
8th August, 2011, 09:49 PM
is it set to boot from usb frist ?

ack1234
8th August, 2011, 09:52 PM
yes its set for external drive

jetdede
9th August, 2011, 06:57 PM
yes its set for external drive

yeah it's true my friend....just do it now and let us know that you successful with it

lolooo1981
17th August, 2011, 06:16 PM
Better solution is by external CD-Rom or DVD-Rom drives and change boot priority in bios system.
Old personal computer also work better with this solution.
More slower but effective.

Best regards

termiantor
20th August, 2011, 02:14 PM
or on start up press f8 then boot with cmd promp and type FIXBOOT

ack1234
29th August, 2011, 03:24 PM
ive tried pressing f8 wot ever ichoose still saying the following file is missing or corrupt
system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
you can attempt to repair this file by startring windows setup using the original setup cd rom and select r
but i dont have one tried to download one off a torrent site ?
1 not sure if i did it right because they wont boot
it is set to boot from external drive because i borrowed a copy of windows xp it booted up then stops after about 3 mins saying it had to stop to not cause any damage to the computer?
just wanted to kown if i could download it from anywhere and it has to simple because im abit thick when it comes to computers thanks again.

elchip
30th August, 2011, 07:38 PM
ive tried pressing f8 wot ever ichoose still saying the following file is missing or corrupt
system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
you can attempt to repair this file by startring windows setup using the original setup cd rom and select r
but i dont have one tried to download one off a torrent site ?
1 not sure if i did it right because they wont boot
it is set to boot from external drive because i borrowed a copy of windows xp it booted up then stops after about 3 mins saying it had to stop to not cause any damage to the computer?
just wanted to kown if i could download it from anywhere and it has to simple because im abit thick when it comes to computers thanks again.

Just get some USB external HDD and ask someone to do it boot and active partition , for some HHD on internet is nice utility for make XP or Win7 on HDD usb as OS...
I am sorry my english is bad and not natural language but I hope I am help maybe a little.

Best regard's