PDA

View Full Version : Just a few questions...

.: JaCkPoT :.
23rd December, 2008, 12:45 AM
Just a few questions..
If i brought a dreambox500s would i get anything on 19east? I have a fixed dish on that sat so would i be able to watch premiere,upc direct and tps at no cost after purchasing the receiver and linking it to the network? Would i also be able to use the same ethernet cable for the receiver and xbox or would that mean i have to reconfigure after switching?
How much download speed will this receiver nick?
Thanks for all help given...

opsmonkey
23rd December, 2008, 01:05 AM
Just a few questions..

what..? you cheeky git lol

If i brought a dreambox500s would i get anything on 19east? I have a fixed dish on that sat so would i be able to watch premiere,upc direct and tps at no cost after purchasing the receiver and linking it to the network?

depends what shares you have or what emu & keys you running

Would i also be able to use the same ethernet cable for the receiver and xbox or would that mean i have to reconfigure after switching?

no get a new ethernet cable, keep the db connected to your router at all times..

How much download speed will this receiver nick?

30 - 40 KB

23rd December, 2008, 01:11 AM
Could i get a ethernet splitter?
Could i share with you? ;)

23rd December, 2008, 01:14 AM
Or could i connect our spare router in my room and have one feed for the xbox and another for the receiver?
Would cardsharing mean lag for the other xbox?
Would i get prem and upc direct(both nag3)

opsmonkey
23rd December, 2008, 01:25 AM
Could i get a ethernet splitter?

not really.. well i dont think so.. dont you have many ethernet ports on your router..?

Could i share with you? ;)

Discussions about cardsharing are forbidden :trytofly: ;)

Or could i connect our spare router in my room and have one feed for the xbox and another for the receiver?

cant see why not, as long as no ip conflictions..

Would cardsharing mean lag for the other xbox?

No the DB uses a max of 40KB..

Would i get prem and upc direct(both nag3)

not without a share

23rd December, 2008, 01:52 AM
Will a clone do all these too? I know about the gemini image..

opsmonkey
23rd December, 2008, 02:49 AM
Will a clone do all these too? I know about the gemini image..

yes its a clone.. as a dell is a clone of an ibm.. it still a pc

on_the_jazz
23rd December, 2008, 06:08 PM
Or you can buy something like this: Buffalo AirStation Turbo G High Power WLI-TX4-G54HP - bridge (http://www.ballicom.co.uk/networking/routers-and-wireless/buffalo-airstation-turbo-g-high-power-wlitx4g54hp--bridge.p369575.html) , and attach the db and xbox to it.