PDA

View Full Version : Samsung GS1 "to unload sign in with gmail"

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 09:13 PM
my baby got hold of my samsung gs1.

now have a message saying "too many pattern attempts to unlock, sign in with your google account.

i forgot my google email as i use live.co.uk

Is the anyway pass this.
i have alot of important picture and videos on this phone please help.

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 09:17 PM
Do you mean you have forgotten your google mail addy or your google password and by the way a factory reset removes the lock pattern and having done it for wife and daughter on an sgs 2 and an lg 540 all photos songs contacts and the likes were still there after reset on both occasions

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 09:26 PM
how do a factory reset?
and my pictures are on the phone not sd card.

do no if the pics on wife phone was on phone of sd?

ive tried power button and up down buttons as someone said but that didnt work for me.

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 09:34 PM
Before you try a factory reset plug your phone into the pc and see if it is recognised as a mass storage device, if it is just save whatever you need to the pc then do a reset that way if they do go you just have to put them back on

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 09:44 PM
When you say samsung sg1 do you mean samsung galaxy s. If you do a factory reset should not wipe your photos even if they are on the phone and to do factory reset you need to get into recovery mode which is done by holding the volume up button and the home key (the middle one at the bottom) while holding these down press and hold the power key you may have to try this a few times to get it to work you then use the volume button to navigate up and down the list and the home button to select your choice

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 09:59 PM
no luck with plugging in to pc.

Just tried this guide

Turn the power off. If your Samsung Galaxy S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
Hold the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

my turns on but all I get is a black screen and the phone vibrating every few seconds.

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 10:00 PM
ha just seen your post above mine. will try now.

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 10:03 PM
REmember to wait until the phone vibrates to ensure it is completly off that way you don't have to pull the battery let me know once you get back into it and I will go through with you how to change the setting so that the phone will ask you what you want it to do when you plug it into a pc that way if you ever get locked out again you can retreive the files

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 10:19 PM
got in to android ststem recovery menu

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 10:22 PM
ok now use the volume key to navigate to factory reset and press the home key ( the middle one at the bottom) now even though this has not wiped the photos the twice i have tried it i cannot guarantee that it won't when you try it, however if it does don't save anymore files to the phone just plug it into pc as mass storage and use data recovery program to recover lost files

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 10:23 PM
reset done.. that was fast...

iphone takes ages..

re booting now...

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 10:24 PM
ok its come up with some setting to do..

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 10:26 PM
just follow the on screen instructions

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 10:27 PM
cool all on now.. with my pictures..
thanks alot..

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 10:32 PM
Glad to here it would you like to set up the phone to connect as mass storage or do you use kies

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 10:41 PM
ya how do i setup mass storage?

ive been copying to sd and using usb micro sd reader.

but had not did for awhile..

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 10:55 PM
ya how do i setup mass storage?

ive been copying to sd and using usb micro sd reader.

but had not did for awhile..
Go into settings then select wireless and network thenselect usb settings this will give you the options of the phone connecting to kies automatically (default) or automatically connecting as mass storage or asking you whethter you want to connect to kies or as mass storage upon connectioin of usb. The choice between the last 2 is yours but if you don't use kies to back things up which you cleary don't as you use a card reader just select to connect as mass storage that way you do not have to install drivers or anything it just acts as usb storage device. Then it's as simple as drag and drop files or whole folders

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 11:15 PM
thank you?
is the anything like installous on these phones?

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 11:17 PM
thank you?
is the anything like installous on these phones?
don't know what you mean what do you want it to do???Ok just googled it and yes it is from the the app market and is called astro file manager it is a free app that will allow you to install any app that put on your phone as a .apk file from your pc once astro is installed you just open astro and navigate to the folder you put the .apk file (app) in or just search the name of the .apk

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 11:26 PM
On my iphone i have installous. got it from a app called cydia, which i got after a jailB.

ill give astro ago. :)

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 11:28 PM
I take from the installous question you are an iphone user that is relatively new to android if so have a read at this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f198/beginners-guide-android-216467/ i have tried to give a very small insight into what android is and can do, and if you wish to experiment a bit further with rooting to gain even more contol read http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f198/noobs-guide-root-galaxy-s-214207/ this is for root only but will give you full control over the phone

happy_highlander
13th August, 2011, 11:30 PM
On my iphone i have installous. got it from a app called cydia, which i got after a jailB.

ill give astro ago. :)
Remember with android you do not have to root to install cracked apps.

gspeedy
13th August, 2011, 11:36 PM
will read up now thanks.

happy_highlander
14th August, 2011, 01:07 AM
before you can use third party apps (not downloaded from the app market) you may have to set the phone to allow this by going to settings then applications and ticking the unknown sources box to allow installation of non market apps