PDA

View Full Version : SAAB 93 1.9 JTID 150 cv with KESS CLONE?

marujon
13th August, 2011, 11:04 PM
I must do a saab 93 1.9 jtid , 150hp, This have ecu OPEL BOSCH edc16c39... I wonder if I can do with kess clone , if anyone have already done one of this ecu (opel edc16c39) successfully with kess. I've tried with mpps v5 clon but only read (CAN). fails writin in 0% (ecu not found). thanks help me please.

Joe019
14th August, 2011, 12:20 PM
Dont use clone interface for this ecu... you will distroy this ecu!

You are warned :)

BR

jolidj
14th August, 2011, 01:44 PM
if you have bdm you tune this ecu without problem.....
you have kess v1 black case???
i have kess v1 blue case and dont have any problem...

marujon
14th August, 2011, 11:33 PM
if you have bdm you tune this ecu without problem.....
you have kess v1 black case???
i have kess v1 blue case and dont have any problem...

No, I'll try tomorrow. I've black case chinese clone...Any problem? I've BDM100, i've searched in ecu supported and there isnt edc16c39...Has support?? My version is 1255...(the las with bdm clones..).

bazare
15th August, 2011, 08:20 AM
bdm1255 is working flawlessly on that ecu

djorgensen
15th August, 2011, 08:49 AM
its easy enough to get to the ECU, just use BDM

marujon
15th August, 2011, 10:53 AM

tell me how to retire ecu of saab 93 ...i readed its under the water .. in the copilot passanger. Tell me the material neccesary, but i dont have soldier i lost in valencia, and i'm now in albacete i cant solder... this is because i wonder if this would be ok with kess.....

Joe019
15th August, 2011, 11:49 AM
If you dont have experience in ecu electronics and if you didnt read some ecu in BDM... maybe you will distroy the ecu anyway... Study the bdm manual very good because if you are newbie, its very easy make an inverse power suply in bdm port. You must need to use a BDM presse with probes for make a good job in the ecu.

BR

marujon
15th August, 2011, 02:20 PM
If you dont have experience in ecu electronics and if you didnt read some ecu in BDM... maybe you will distroy the ecu anyway... Study the bdm manual very good because if you are newbie, its very easy make an inverse power suply in bdm port. You must need to use a BDM presse with probes for make a good job in the ecu.

BR

I've large experiencie in soldering. I've done ps1,ps2, used jtag with decoders of sat. I'ts said that 9-12 pins are 12v. I must test with tester. tHE bmd connections in bosch are pin to pin in bdm100 clone isnt it? I must solder pinpads and connect serial cable provided. Tell me what comprobations i must do in bmd after try to read (someone told me that voltage may be inverted).

marujon
15th August, 2011, 02:24 PM

KESS CHINESE CLONE (black case) failed to read maps!!!. Only info ecu . I choose slow speed. When reading, fails error -5. The only way is bdm now. Tell me what comprobations i must do before solder , and tips to remove ecu from this car. I'vent seen . Do you have a photo or manual how to remove and materila needed?

Joe019
15th August, 2011, 06:39 PM
I've large experiencie in soldering. I've done ps1,ps2, used jtag with decoders of sat. I'ts said that 9-12 pins are 12v. I must test with tester. tHE bmd connections in bosch are pin to pin in bdm100 clone isnt it? I must solder pinpads and connect serial cable provided. Tell me what comprobations i must do in bmd after try to read (someone told me that voltage may be inverted).

I advice you that is not a good idea solder pins to into BDM port pads... its very risk and not a good job. You must use the presse and the special probes. The pads are very sensible and you can broke the join between layers of the PCB.

The pinout of the BDM is pin to pin, not need change pinouts.
I dont remeber where is located the ecu in this car, but you can see the principal cables where to go.

BR

marujon
16th August, 2011, 11:14 PM
I advice you that is not a good idea solder pins to into BDM port pads... its very risk and not a good job. You must use the presse and the special probes. The pads are very sensible and you can broke the join between layers of the PCB.

The pinout of the BDM is pin to pin, not need change pinouts.
I dont remeber where is located the ecu in this car, but you can see the principal cables where to go.

BR

My bdm doesnt have a probe for BOSCH (pin to pin). Tell me if it is sell on anywhere (ebay, etc). I use a 11w pencil solder, the lower its on pencil style.. I will see the pads and decide .. ?Where i can get a presse ? Tell me if is sellen somewhere (ebay,etc).

I suspect that this ecu isnt edc16c39... because the file dump obtained with mpps is only 1mb. Some friend told me that this can be edc16c9... this is because doesnt read kess... I didnt selected an opel with edc16c9 and try to read... But is too late. The ecu is going to be removed and taken to me this wekeend. And I'll try do with bdm (i hope it works). Tell what material i need and i'll go to electronics workshop to get it .

gaz51
17th August, 2011, 10:33 AM
2005 1,9TiD has definately EDC16C9. 2006 early models have also C9 but later models could have EDC16C39 already. 2007... model year has EDC16C39. This applies also for OPEL.

Joe019
20th August, 2011, 03:57 PM
My bdm doesnt have a probe for BOSCH (pin to pin). Tell me if it is sell on anywhere (ebay, etc). I use a 11w pencil solder, the lower its on pencil style.. I will see the pads and decide .. ?Where i can get a presse ? Tell me if is sellen somewhere (ebay,etc).

I suspect that this ecu isnt edc16c39... because the file dump obtained with mpps is only 1mb. Some friend told me that this can be edc16c9... this is because doesnt read kess... I didnt selected an opel with edc16c9 and try to read... But is too late. The ecu is going to be removed and taken to me this wekeend. And I'll try do with bdm (i hope it works). Tell what material i need and i'll go to electronics workshop to get it .

Good lucky m8!