PDA

View Full Version : Brothers GRIM :(

Gun_Man
23rd December, 2008, 06:20 AM
Hey guys I have an xbox360 and I ?tweaked? the firmware on it about 2 years ago. I was loving it playing backed up games that I found here and there. But I went on holiday to come home to find my dumb ass brother had got my Xbox and gone on live to play online with his mates and downloaded loads of updates. Now he tells me the console has been kicked off Xboxlive. Is there a way of me getting back online to Xboxlive again with maybe a new firmware update or just by buying a new live account? Plus I know this question has been asked like 1000 times but where can you get ya hands on new backed up games these days? Back when I was getting in to all this ?Frogstick? was the place to go. But now it seems that Rapidshare has gone all lame on us and Frogstick is no more :(

shortyball
23rd December, 2008, 10:02 PM
I dont think there is anyway yet to change the xbox so it can go back online. theres been a few threads in this section to crawl through that may help.

In regards to games theres plenty torrent sites that do games, or you can get the service of backups games from a few people on here for a small fee.

Gun_Man
26th December, 2008, 07:34 AM
Well i have given the xbox another crack of the whip today. Plugged it in my network cable that i have at the back of the tv. Thought yay i'll set it up so i can listen to all my music from my pc like the good old day's, BB (BB= Before Brother). But for some reason my xbox will not talk to the pc. I have downloaded the windows extender and configured the xbox to what i think is the correct settings: IP= 192.168.0.102 DNS= 255.255.255.0 GW= 192.168.0.103 <---This is the IP of the network card in my pc. But still no joy. Before you ask yes I have tested the cable with a RG45 cable tester and its fine. I also started to go through the installation of the extender software until i get to the point where it ask's me for an 8 digit code that is generated from the xbox its self after it makes its first network connection test. But as you know there is no network working between the console and my pc at the moment so i cant go any further. I think that maybe the fact that he screwed up my live account and so on. The box have got an update of some kind to in a way "brick" the whole console. Or have i just got this all wrong? Any help please guys cheers.

C64
29th December, 2008, 05:16 PM
Why have you set the DNS server to 255.255.255.0 ?

That's a subnet address you have used.

You don't need to use media-extender to listen to your music or watch movies, all you need is a PC with WMP installed and enable file sharing to the Xbox via the Library / Media Sharing tabs, then go into MUSIC on your xbox, select the PC connection and things should start streaming.

Your problem is not related to your banned Live account, it's a simple network issue, disable any firewall etc as part of the testing, if you have a router make sure it is allowing traffic between the PC and Xbox.

Gun_Man
31st December, 2008, 10:57 AM
Ok so i have tried that and still nothing, god only knows what i am doing here. So to put you in the frame i made a small diagram to show you how the network is set up here. Please let me know where i am going wrong cheers.

Bulld0g
31st December, 2008, 11:05 AM
Have you set up media player to share files. Disabled all firewalls, checked your ip addresses haven't changed and tried pinging the xbox from your pc.

jake1970
4th January, 2009, 09:07 AM
theres no way to get back on live with that console ,would need new console ,ive been banned myself with the new update ,and now cant play any of my avi's as no divx support now without getting update off live (which i cant connect to) :( i can still stream my music from pc to 360 via wireless ,try using a program called tversity i found it better than using media player 11 some days media player would find 360 and some times not ,but tversity works a treat