PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to install picons

Borgy100
16th August, 2011, 10:24 AM
Hi all,

Itgate running well on edg nemesis 4.4.1 and cccam 2.2.1, but wanted to install picons so channel icons appear. i downloaded sgt flip flop picons for sky UK, off the site here in the dreambox section, and ftp'ed them to the box but i thnk i have put them in wrong section as they are not appearing. I have gone into menus after pressing blue button and enabled picons, but no joy?

Can anyone help? Also I wondered do any of the UKUR images have picons contained in the image. Maybe I should reflash the box with a UKUR image? was much more used to these from satkings days, although i have to say the edg nemesis image is v stable and have excellent blue panel working on it.

Thanks in advance....

andiewill
16th August, 2011, 10:32 AM
Not to sure where they go my self but the ur image now has a working blue panle compliments from deeboi have a look here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f138/new-cpanel-itgate-receivers-212841/).

And i will have a look to see if it is possible to load picons but i think you will need a storage device ie:- hard drive, pen drive for it to work ?

Borgy100
16th August, 2011, 10:47 AM
Not to sure where they go my self but the ur image now has a working blue panle compliments from deeboi have a look here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f138/new-cpanel-itgate-receivers-212841/).

And i will have a look to see if it is possible to load picons but i think you will need a storage device ie:- hard drive, pen drive for it to work ?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for quick reply. My itgate doesn't have USB port. Was an early model TGC200 which had swappable tuner, so maybe not a runner.

Which UKUR image are you running, and what cams are available on Deeboi's panel? Panel i have has latest versions of cccam, mgcamd, newcamd etc...?

Thanks for help,

Nick

andiewill
16th August, 2011, 10:56 AM
ukur V.9 and Ccam 2.21 and the blue panle is not fully loaded but it has enough to bring your box back to life, or should i say easier for those who do not like to ftp.... but as stated it work's just fine, i will let you no later what it has and i will also check my box and try and load the picons to see if that works.......

Borgy100
16th August, 2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks Andy. I do prefer the UkUR images to edg nemesis, but a little reluctant to swap back for the sake of it when all is working ok?!!?! Anymore info would be great on the picons.

Thanks again

bugsy
20th August, 2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks Andy. I do prefer the UkUR images to edg nemesis, but a little reluctant to swap back for the sake of it when all is working ok?!!?! Anymore info would be great on the picons.

Thanks again

Hi B~~~~ how's it going, done alot of messing around with itgate picons when on cable, I don't bother with them any more.
Picon folder goes into var/tuxbox/config/ on edg nemesis image.
Enable the picon folder, blue button, yellow button, scroll down and tick show channell icons, save and exit.
Now you probably find they still won't work, what you have to do is rename the picons the way they appear on info bar ie RTE One,RTE TWO, 3e etc. upper and lower case very important.
You'll have to resize them aswell, sgt. flip flops picons are 100x60 (too big) itgate picons are 60x46.
The software to do this is called gimp 2.6, google it and you will find a trial version.
Good luck with this and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
bugsy.

Borgy100
21st August, 2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks bugsy. Will give it a go and report back. Great info!!

redondo5
11th October, 2011, 05:52 PM
anyone have picons for itgate