PDA

View Full Version : NEED help with my Vu+ duo

KMM
16th August, 2011, 03:26 PM
I have a vue + duo i have 2 x feeds coming in and are on astra 19.2. i have scanned the satellites for boxth of the tuners. but when i go to record a channel then flick to the next channel i am unable to watch becouse the screen just goes blank. i have 500gb hardrive and not full

dell_xps
16th August, 2011, 05:08 PM
Go into tuner setup and make sure the second tuner is the same setting as the first setting, press ok to exit out of menu.
19.2 what's that pointing @ m8 ?

KMM
16th August, 2011, 09:23 PM
Ok. The first tuner setting is simple and on single so should i change both of the tuner setting to that thanks

cactikid
16th August, 2011, 11:05 PM
19 is hotbird lol,28 is astra,hotbird maybe encrypted.

GastonJ
16th August, 2011, 11:18 PM
19.2e is Astra 1, 13 is Hotbird, 28.2 is Astra 2 ... I'll stop editing now lol

KMM
17th August, 2011, 12:00 AM
Ya sorry ur right i mean astra 1. So any idea is it encripted so that it wont allow me to rec one channel watch an otheir.

RuberDuck
17th August, 2011, 09:15 AM
the fact that the channels are encrypted would not make a difference otherwise you would not be able to do the same via 28.2 east.

if you only have a fixed dish pointing towards 19.2 east set both tuners to simple / single. also you say you have two feeds are these two separate feeds ? ie two feeds from a dual or quad lnb ?.

KMM
17th August, 2011, 10:00 AM
Ya mate the Vu+ Duo is two feeds coming in from a dual lnb

RuberDuck
17th August, 2011, 11:24 AM
ok then try setting both feeds as

simple / single / satellite astra 1H/1KR/1L/1M (19.2E)/ send DiSEqC no.

see how you get on with that.

KMM
19th August, 2011, 05:45 PM
Ok m8 i have doen everything. you guys have said. i am able to record one channel watch the othere. but

BUT
when i am recording a subscription tv e.g. france 1 then when i go to watch an other subscription tv channel the screen goes blank. then when i change the channel over to a fta channel to watch as also still recording france 1 i get picture. i have a canal satellite card inside a viacsess cam rev 1.0 . please if you guys can help.

dell_xps
19th August, 2011, 09:49 PM
Encryption issue perhaps ?

RuberDuck
20th August, 2011, 08:43 AM
Ok m8 i have doen everything. you guys have said. i am able to record one channel watch the othere. but

BUT
when i am recording a subscription tv e.g. france 1 then when i go to watch an other subscription tv channel the screen goes blank. then when i change the channel over to a fta channel to watch as also still recording france 1 i get picture. i have a canal satellite card inside a viacsess cam rev 1.0 . please if you guys can help.

rite thats your problem, that revision cam can not handle multiple channels at the same time. it can decode 1 channel at a time and no more.

KMM
20th August, 2011, 01:42 PM
ok were can i get a new viacsess cam from. and before i had the vu+ i was able to record one channel watch thr other but i had that for 4 years and broke a month a go. help

RuberDuck
20th August, 2011, 02:15 PM
your best bet for a viaccess cam is ebay but stay away from the older red and black cams. go for one of the newer ones