PDA

View Full Version : MGcamd 1.35 running well on my itgate

Borgy100
18th August, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hi all,

Just thought I'd add this for those that might be looking for an alternative to CCcam (some reports that cccam not the most stable emu and can be glitchy). I had been getting a slightly glitchy service and was recommended to try this alternative.

I downloaded mgcamd 1.35 from my cpanel, and newcamd.list (the config file) onto my box. did a bit of editing and ftp'ed to newcamd.list. Now have MGcamd running almost fault free on same server. Still have cccam active and when i swap between the two the difference is noticeable with less glitching.

Anyhow...just a thought.

B~~~~100

deeboi
18th August, 2011, 05:34 PM
Was that from my cpanel m8? just wondering because I couldn't get it to work, lol.

freck
18th August, 2011, 06:36 PM
If it mgcam1.35a on its own youll need to download the config file aswell or it wont work.
Have mgcam on 2 of my DM800s and CCcam on itgate,dont think CCcam will clear pick TV and mgcam will unless its been fixed since.
Freck

Borgy100
18th August, 2011, 08:27 PM
Hi guys,

not from deeboi's panel I'm afraid..sorry Deeboi. I am running Edg nemesis with a fantastic 'extra URL' for a fully loaded cpabel. with all latest emus and config files for download via blue button. might be of interest deeboi for you to add to your excellent panel?

deeboi
18th August, 2011, 09:39 PM
I was always going to add extra stuff to the panel, just never got round to it m8. I might have to get my finger out and add some more content.

Borgy100
19th August, 2011, 07:17 AM
For those that want to play..

here's the extra URL. it is for the edge nemesis 4.4 image. FTP to var/etc and chmod 755

Millzzy
22nd August, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi guys I gotta try this EDG image just to have a gander , what's the best way to back up my ukur image tried the backup prog In the sat image pack from freck but just hangs when don backup , can I just copy var folder through FTP if so is that the only folder I need to backup ? Thanks guys

Borgy100
22nd August, 2011, 01:35 PM
Hi Millzzy,

The itgate control centre 2.5 (in Freck's sat image pack) is the program to use. If its not working, I'm not sure how else to back up the image myself, but i would saythe whole image needs to be backed up and not just the Var folder.

I have to say I have always used and preferred the UKUR images from my Satkings days, but the Edg nemesis 4.4.1 image runs and looks v similar, but the real treat is this cpanel...fully loaded and all accessible from blue panel. Was watching footie over weekend on s/y and no glitching at all with MgCamd 1.35a. Seems to be afar more stable cam than cccam 2.2.1 which i also have running.

Sorry I can't be more help with the back up, maybe Freck, andiewill or plasterer will be around soon!

Millzzy
22nd August, 2011, 01:54 PM
Ok b~~~~ nice one mate , it's the epg that sounds slightly better on edg image , but me being me I can't help but have a mess lol , speak soon mate

mept1
22nd August, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hi guys I gotta try this EDG image just to have a gander , what's the best way to back up my ukur image tried the backup prog In the sat image pack from freck but just hangs when don backup , can I just copy var folder through FTP if so is that the only folder I need to backup ? Thanks guys

A few ways to back up...as you said save the "var" folder.....through ftp client...

Or type your ip into the browser for web interface..press config,flash manager,then save the mtd4...the back up will be in the temp folder...ftp to the temp folder then transfer and save to your pc.
For some reason i cant flash my ukur back up over the edge images...i have to flash the bare bones ukur image and then the back up.. this seems to work for me.

good luck.

Millzzy
22nd August, 2011, 09:04 PM
Nice one mept , some great info there bud ;-)

deeboi
23rd August, 2011, 04:57 PM
Anyone got the EDG image running on a converted TGC200?

I couldn't get it to work on mines when I tried it but that was ages ago.

Borgy100
25th August, 2011, 04:58 PM
Anyone got the EDG image running on a converted TGC200?

I couldn't get it to work on mines when I tried it but that was ages ago.

Hi Deeboi,

I didn't see you added to the bottom of the thread. I am running Edg Nemesis 4.4 on my TGC200 with swappable tuner. I have one of the early TGC200 silver boxes, and i got the tuner from Jono about 2 years ago way before Satkings closed up shop. Interestingly though, with the sat tuner in, my box will only flash TGM220 images!

plasterer
25th August, 2011, 05:03 PM
I got 2 220s here one running EDG one running uk 9
But pretty sure one of our lads has a 200 working with EDG dee
Fact i set it up for him 12 months ago ...................Paul

deeboi
31st August, 2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah B~~~~ I also have the original silver TGC200's and also got a Tuner from Jono.

The problem I'm having with the EDG images is they won't move my dish, in fact they don't even send any power to my motor, the manual buttons don't work and there's also no lights on the moter either.
Flash back to UKUR image again and works perfectly, lol.

I'll give the TGM220 image a try later on m8, cheers.

@Paul, can you remember who it was m8?

Borgy100
31st August, 2011, 03:50 PM
Hi Deeboi,

Sounds like there is definately something missing from the Edg image. i am like you and have a fixed dish at 28.2E but now want to go down motorised route but i have checked me Edg image and no USALS present. I think the only solution is to try and see if there is another Edg image out there for the cncverted TGC200 that has USALS or I'll have to swap over to UKUR image if i go motorised, as i know set up etc is easier with USALS.

any info or suggestions anyone else has would be grateful!

Thanks again

deeboi
1st September, 2011, 11:13 AM
Hey B~~~~, I was wondering if you'd be able to either attach the MGcamd you have running on your box or PM me a link to it.
I've tried loads of versions and can't get it to install properly, I'm trying to add it to the blue button.

Thanks.

(I had this problem with CCcam too and after downloading lots of different cccams from here I eventually got one that worked and installed properly and it was one that someone had taken from their own box)