PDA

View Full Version : External HDD on VU+ Uno problem!!

freck
20th August, 2011, 08:31 PM
Installed and external hdd and initialised it ect....recorded a program no probs and backed up my image and epg settings but when the box is rebooted it doesnt see the hdd and has to be initialised again??
I'm using Black Hole 1.6.3 with the new CeC
Freck

cactikid
20th August, 2011, 10:17 PM
silly question are you using the cables provided with hdd,as i did not and it would not see it,was the hdd formatted from pc or uno,its all a learning curve m8lol

freck
21st August, 2011, 12:55 AM
Im using an external drive,everything works fine....its just that it has to be initialised after every reboot???
Freck

asl1999
8th September, 2011, 04:43 PM
Im seeing the same problem too, any ideas or it it RTFM better ?

freck
9th September, 2011, 02:48 PM
Still no resolution to this problem......were talking to deaf ears my friend.Havent had any response from anywhere on this one other than the guys here.
Needs to be resolved imo.
Ive tried everything,flashed original firmware and initilised drive but lost it again after reboot.
Then flashed BH1.4.6 and followed the same process....diddly squat.
so I'm on 1.6.4 now and can do anything with an external:bawling:
Freck

RuberDuck
9th September, 2011, 04:54 PM
try another image then instead of the vastly over hyped BH. or make a thread on the VIX forum and people will help.

freck
10th September, 2011, 12:06 PM
Dont like VIX and have tried their images aswell and nothing to report....same problem.
Freck

dell_xps
10th September, 2011, 01:28 PM
Dont like VIX and have tried their images aswell and nothing to report....same problem.
Freck

Got to disagree with you there Freck, Vix is the only image I would use m8.

RuberDuck
10th September, 2011, 07:58 PM

same here. but different people different tastes.

although my internal and external HDD's work fine with VIX.

freck
10th September, 2011, 08:49 PM
Appreciate that....different horses for different courses but at the end of the day my problem still persists and have tried a variation of images and changed the drive aswell.....**** it ...I give up.Should've stuck with the DM.
Freck

satsmo
10th September, 2011, 09:06 PM
Have you tried editing your fstab file to enable it remain mounted at all times even after reboot? I am not up to date with that image but as it is E2 based I presume the same script will work.

It's a minor add on but works in most cases.