PDA

View Full Version : freesat tv

okmate
20th August, 2011, 08:34 PM
Hi guys my mother has a slight problem she would like me to intall a new lcd tv in her bedroom
the proble is there no aeriel well there is but its on the roof and very old so i thought it maybe best to run a cable off the existing non used sat dish then maybe buy a tv with freesat built in
is there any tvs with the freesat option cheers guys

andy91
20th August, 2011, 08:41 PM
Hi guys my mother has a slight problem she would like me to intall a new lcd tv in her bedroom
the proble is there no aeriel well there is but its on the roof and very old so i thought it maybe best to run a cable off the existing non used sat dish then maybe buy a tv with freesat built in
is there any tvs with the freesat option cheers guys

Loads of tvs with freesat built in but have you thought of buying a linux based box like the Openbox10 or Dreambox 800hd,you get quite a few of fta programs on them and dont need a special tv for them to work.
Also the box can be used in other ways,

Andy.

garry1312
21st August, 2011, 12:43 AM
as andy says think about looking in to the linux receivers, even just read about forums and you will soon see what we are getting at ;)

okmate
21st August, 2011, 10:25 AM
thanks guys i do no of sharing dont want to go down that road for now as the tv needs to be flush mounted to the wall so a set top box is something i need to swerve

Shady
21st August, 2011, 10:29 AM
have found some, but they aint cheap by a long chalk, especially not for a bedroom tv :(