PDA

View Full Version : alfa 156 EDC16C8 map locations

2.4jtd
21st August, 2011, 02:51 AM
hi everyone on digital kaos
well first off ill just say that, ive always been more of a reader then an actual writer on forums, and this site is no exception for me, so i must opoligise for my silence :oops:

well i own a 2004 alfa 156 SW 1.9 16V mulijet JTD 140 and think its time to do abit of remapping for myself on her as i realy miss the power i had from my old 2.4 10v jtd 195bhp, some of you may have see some vids on youtube of it....

ive been using edc16 flasher and winols to veiw and mod the maps, then using fiat ecu scan and alfa diag to look at what ive actualy changed and to see if any limiters are stoping anything ive tryed to change, just like the bloody fuel pressure, thats had loads of limiters all at different pressures aswell so that was fun :twisted:
ive spent 2 months reading and playing with my file to learn what maps do what and what factors ive had to change so it actualy makes sence, and now i think im actualy getting somewhere and making good progress, its like looking in the matrix at all those number, after a while you can actual see the maps just in hex :lol: ..... i think ive got to the stage of where i need help and reading isnt going to cut it anymore i need proper help from the guys who know best

this is my file and ive renamed all the maps i know of and put all the factors into them, but i will say im british so ive put all the figures into ftlb not NM, mph not kph, and degrees C not F so it might not look correct to you at first... ive also tryed to fill in some which im not sure about so the factors maybe wrong..... if someone can have a look to make sure everything ive done is correct that would be great and would help me out loads
the file will have the EGR turned off and the fueling is ever so slighty higher on on some maps as i coped the 150 file, to hopefuly give it alittle more poke.... also i spent alot of time playing and finding limiters for the fuel pressure so they are also modded to 1600bar max but this isnt a proper remapped file yet so please dont say its sh1t and will knacker my engine, its just a learning file to share

i will be asking loads of questions about maps and there locations but one im alittle confussed about is from line E942C 16x16 X axis is pedal postion Y axis is rpm and im 99% sure its IQ as the maximum value is 73mg which matches FEC but at 850rpm and 0% pedal postion it says 25mg which is not the amount when its ticking over, it should be 6-7mg ish, plus all the other low load tables are way to high, so this map is confusing me alot, does anyone no what it is exsactly???
anyway i think ive wrote enough now and think ill see if anyone can help
regards
adam