PDA

View Full Version : serious HELP needed PLEASE !!!!!

rob6007
26th April, 2008, 09:03 PM
i have a friends dbox and for some reason no matter what i do it doesnt work

i was totally new to this 2 weeks ago but have now fixed a few relatives boxes but my friends dbox just doesnt want to play with me .

i have treid everything the guys on here have said . uploaded the service boquets . fixed the au to 02 uploaded the nargorar 7 10 and 11 . more or less everything peoples have said .

am i correct in saying that in the cam fg section the upload keys should be set at 02 .

im starting to lose patience with it . kaous left a good post about delete the keys folder and download the link he posted then send it to the new box . \\would this be my best option now as i cant think of what else to do . thanks guys

alec
26th April, 2008, 09:10 PM
If you have got working box using the same image set up etc.
Just backup the image and tuxfolder on to the computer then ftp them across to the problem box and redo.

father ted
26th April, 2008, 09:11 PM
did it work b4 all this?if so what have you done differently ?can you maybe take it to someone?or are you gonna try for it your self?

aftermath
26th April, 2008, 09:13 PM
Think you need to be more specific mate.

what is your problem ? does the box boot up ? do you receive any channels ? what image you using. e.t.c
please give as much info as possible so peeps can help m8.

notel98
26th April, 2008, 10:19 PM
oops just typed almost same as you aftermath.

the boxes that don't work are they in the same area as the working boxes ?

rob6007
26th April, 2008, 10:27 PM
yeah the box goes on ok it boots up fine . i get the usual free view channels bbc itv .
the image is commando . i have tried a scan but it didnt do anything . i cant think of anything i have done different .

i set the au to 02 . and done pretty much everything i have been advised to . really want to try and sort it myself . like i said i done the other boxes ok and this one just wont work .

thats the info i can really think off thanks for the replys guys

Jaffa
26th April, 2008, 10:36 PM
Try flashing Laxy Pro to see if it is any different m8, some boxes just dont like some images. Dont forget to save your services and bouquets.

father ted
26th April, 2008, 10:59 PM
yea but was this the image that was on the box when it worked?if so what have you done to make it not work?apart from putting in roms and service and bouquets?

Bulld0g
26th April, 2008, 11:39 PM
As Jaffa said m8 try flashing Laxy image or another updated image. theres a few out there now.

notel98
27th April, 2008, 12:25 AM
check what cam you are using

evo or mgcamd are ok others are (to my knowledge) not working.
I can't remember setup on commando but check out blue button menu from memory.

Also check keylist.txt for current keys or softcam.key if they are empty or wrong keys then you are prob using wrong cam or rom files are wrong

guy7454
28th April, 2008, 10:58 PM
I'm pretty much in the same, gonna try and flash Laky (when I'm allowed to download it :))

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 06:12 PM
what is laky . and where do i get it from .

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 06:18 PM
Laky is in the downloads but just for your info...xenafan has realised a brand new image today called Blade Quad and its really excellent. You can get that below.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 06:28 PM
thanks jaffa . so how do i send this to the box . i will download blade quad just now .

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 06:34 PM
Have you got flashfxp set up to ftp the image across ???

If so then unrar it and ftp it to /tmp, then go to your remote control and press:

dbox
service
image upgrade/update
expert functions
flash one patrition
flash without bootloader
pop up box will appear and choose Blade Quad then then enter and press red to flash.

If you have not flashfxp set up then download flashfxp and guide with is in the guides section of dbox in downloads.

Have you saved your services and bouquet files ???

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 06:37 PM
yeah mate i have flash xp .
so where do i flasg it to . what folder do i put it into .

and when you say save my service and boquets files . what do you mean saved them . do you mean save them from my box to my desktop then send them back over after i ftp them back to the box. thanks mate your pulling me out a hole here .

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 06:44 PM
Yes save them from the box to your pc, they are in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit.

either save the whole zapit folder or go into it and save the services.xml and bouquets.xml, transfer them to your pc.

Now in flashfxp, go to /tmp on the dbox anf ftp the unrared Blade image there, then do as I said in previous post with your dbox remote, some steps may not be exactly the same wording as different images have different layouts but we can get you there.

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 07:00 PM
i will save the whole zapit folder . do i juast exratct the files form the blade quad folder . then send to the box . do i delete anything from the box no

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 07:13 PM
Extract the image to your desktop or wherever you want to and then ftp it to /tmp no need to delete anything, only takes a few seconds to ftp then straight to remote control. DO NOT REBOOT it will do that itself at end of process.

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 07:17 PM
done that mate . now do i send the service and boquets files back into where i got them from

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 07:19 PM
Yes m8, send the zapit folder back to /var/tuxbox/config then go to remote control again and:

dbox
service
reload channel lists
then go to an encrypted channel and thats it.

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 07:27 PM
when i try to connect the box now it wont work . is there a different password to acces teh box in flash fxp now .

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 07:30 PM
just realised it has a different ip adress i will change that just now . what password do i put in just dreambox

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 07:31 PM
No m8, the ip addy will have changed, you have 2 choices, change it on the box or change it in flashfxp. I also change the box ip so it stay the same with flashfxp no matter what image.

Go to:
dbox
settings
network
go down to ip addy and highlight it and press enter, change it to whatever you have flashfxp set as and enter then press red to restart network.

or if you want to do it in flashfxp, press F4 and change the ip addy to 192.168.0.24.

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 07:33 PM
just realised it has a different ip adress i will change that just now . what password do i put in just dreambox

You dont need to change any password as it will be the same. But for your reference it is.

username = root
password = dbox2

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 07:36 PM
right mate i have done everything you have said . i have sent the new image and sent back the zapit folder to the config section .

now where you mention the

dbox
service
reload channel lists
then go to an encrypted channel and thats it

its a ntl box and i dont have ntl . im on telewest so should i wait to i go to my brothers house who has ntl and then do the

service
reload channels

part or would it be ok to do it here on my tv . thanks jaffa

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 07:41 PM
It will be o.k to reload them there so you can see if they work but if you are a distance apart then you may have to rescan at your house. I would leave it if its not for you. Besides that you are TW so different freq.

When you get it to his area, press blue button and set my location, then pick his location and the box will reboot. If the services where from his area then they will be fine in his area.

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 07:44 PM
no they both guys box whos it is stays in baillieston and so does my brother .

so will i wait till i get to my brothers house and do the reload channels thing or just do it here in my house .

will i have to scan again or what when i get to my brotehres house

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 07:46 PM
Another thing you have to do before wrapping up is to fix the clock, unrar the file below and ftp it to /etc folder overwriting the old one, that will fix the time.

Just leave as is and reload channel lists at your brothers, it will be fine.

rob6007
29th April, 2008, 07:48 PM
OK JAFFA WILL DO THAT . THANKS MATE YOU ARE ERCIEVING A STANDING OVATION IN MY HOUSE AT THE PRESENT TIME SO PEASE TAKE A BOW MATE . THANKS A LOT