PDA

View Full Version : laptop wont boot up HELP

ron292001
22nd August, 2011, 08:25 AM
My problem started when the laptop screen just went black: hmmmm2:

After restarting it about 20 times it wouldn't boot up. So i formatted the HDD and put new windows 7 on.

All was great till i turned the laptop off, because when i started it up again it would boot up to desk top again?

It's really strange because when I put new windows on it, It works great until i power off the laptop
Can anyone help me on this...?

Cheers...

Canker_Canison
22nd August, 2011, 11:39 AM
Have you checked the bios battery or reset the bios?

steve67474
22nd August, 2011, 11:57 AM
My problem started when the laptop screen just went black: hmmmm2:

After restarting it about 20 times it wouldn't boot up. So i formatted the HDD and put new windows 7 on.

All was great till i turned the laptop off, because when i started it up again it would boot up to desk top again?

It's really strange because when I put new windows on it, It works great until i power off the laptop
Can anyone help me on this...?

Cheers...

I assume you mean wouldn't boot to desktop??? what is actually on the screen does it start booting windows 7 do you have any messages when it stops. More info pls

dasteph
22nd August, 2011, 04:33 PM
did you change the boot sequance in the bios after you loaded win 7 ?

tadasb
22nd August, 2011, 05:58 PM
try restoring bios settings to default

ron292001
22nd August, 2011, 06:12 PM
This is strange and iv never came across it before. I updated the nvidia drivers and rebooted the laptop. But it wouldnt boot to desktop.

After formatting and adding drivers 1 at a time it turned out to be the nvidia drivers update that was crashing the windows.

Iv put old drivers on after format and had no problems since..

Thanks for all your replys..

Canker_Canison
26th August, 2011, 09:13 PM
There's a lesson to be learnt here....

If it's not broken, don't fix it.... Especially if windows tells you there are updates for your hardware.

anaklangsa
22nd September, 2011, 07:09 AM
ave you checked the bios battery mouse,, N reset jumper

D21198071
26th September, 2011, 04:26 PM
finished problem....good information too for us...thanks to all