PDA

View Full Version : My new 500S

gash
23rd December, 2008, 07:55 PM
New to all of this and been reading the posts for the last few days.

I am looking to flash my box with the DK image and then update with new keys.

I have a laptop but it doesnt have a seriel port. How do i update my box and do i need to update it with anything else? Ive seen mention oc cams but not sure

Cheers

jbvid
23rd December, 2008, 08:16 PM
New to all of this and been reading the posts for the last few days.

I am looking to flash my box with the DK image and then update with new keys.

I have a laptop but it doesnt have a seriel port. How do i update my box and do i need to update it with anything else? Ive seen mention oc cams but not sure

Cheers
Hi
You can either use a PC with a 9 pin com port and null modem cable or google/ebay for a USB to com port adaptor, but make sure you get a driver cd /disc with it.
Also have a read of this link
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/needed-usb-null-modem-cable-laptop-one-works-22272/
jbvid

opsmonkey
23rd December, 2008, 08:59 PM
hi and welcome to the world of dreambox..

ok you need to flash your chosen image to your box with a program called DreamUp.. for this you need a null modem cable.. cheapest option is ebay.. i got mine from there with no problems.. this one (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-Serial-Null-Modem-Cable-EuroVox-Upgrade-Lead_W0QQitemZ120348974363QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Co mputing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item120348974363&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18) is vista ok too.. once you have done that you will need an EMU.. the best one in my view is CCcam.. you should be able to download CCcam from the options via the blue button.. if not you can always perform a manual load, using the null modem lead again..

gash
29th December, 2008, 07:39 PM
I flashed by new dremabox 500S with teh DK 1.1 image and all went well. I then downloaded and installed the CCcams. I then trasferred the 9 files (key) as stated.

Im still only getting to see a small number of channels listed (77) let alone view them. Sky sports 2 is one of them and when i click on to view i get nothing.

Have i missed something or doing something wrong

ANy help would be great

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 01:32 AM
I flashed by new dremabox 500S with teh DK 1.1 image and all went well. I then downloaded and installed the CCcams. I then trasferred the 9 files (key) as stated.

Im still only getting to see a small number of channels listed (77) let alone view them. Sky sports 2 is one of them and when i click on to view i get nothing.

Have i missed something or doing something wrong

ANy help would be great

YOU WILL CLEAR NOTHING ON ASTRA 28E WITHOUT AN OFFICIAL SUBSCRIPTION OR CARDSHARE, ONLY FREEVIEW CHANNELS.. A 2 minute search would have told you that and saved you ?90