PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new system

Bulld0g
27th April, 2008, 12:08 AM
Ok had a Dbox2 for about Three years now and looking to move into the Satellite scene. I've been reading up and as ever, it's easy when you know how, and not so easy when you don't.

By all accounts Dreambox is the way to go but i can't find a complete kit, so i've been looking at a Technomate package http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=101&products_id=609&zenid=64c71ee78b5db3e05477fcf6b3c7dec0
Any thoughts on the system and the supplier. Been reading about the supplier and theres conflicting reports although more favourably recently.

krazylegz
27th April, 2008, 11:40 AM
cant really comment on the supplier but i've heard of them and they look cheap m8. i got mine fromhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TECHNOMATE-5400-CI-USB-MOTORIZED-SYSTEM-90-DISH-MOTOR_W0QQitemZ250203658987QQihZ015QQcategoryZ9697 0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262 and can vouch for them,but they look more expensive than wizard.

that looks a good price for what you get, you could then sell the TM and get a dreambox or keep both lol

Bulld0g
27th April, 2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks m8, Thats a thought. I think i might buy the sysem and geta dreambox ;)

Curious123
28th April, 2008, 10:51 PM
I ordered my 1m dish and tm2200 motor from wizards at Christmas and it arrived 10 days later. From what I have read their customer service is crap because they rarely answer the phone but what can I say I ordered online and it arrived without any hassle. I got my Dm500 from china.

Bulld0g
1st May, 2008, 08:49 AM
Well i took the plunge and ordered on Monday. It arrived yesterday Wednesday. Brilliant service.Only thing was, the wall mount was missing. I phoned them up got through straight away and they said they would send another one out.So far 10/10. I hope it comes soon so i can get started :)

Bulld0g
2nd May, 2008, 09:56 PM
Ok guys i need your help :). I have sort of done a dry run in the house lol. Does this look right ?

following the diagram for the dish, there is an lnb arm which has the reflector bracket attached to it, which in turn has the dish attached to that. The refelctor bracket is attached to a front bracket which in turn is mounted to a pole. I take it the front bracket is then mounted to the pole on the motor.

Now the front bracket has a scale which can be adjusted from 20 degrees through to 90. I know i have to set my latitude on the motor, but what does the bracket attached to the dish have to be set to ?

krazylegz
4th May, 2008, 04:01 PM
yeah that looks about right m8. the elevation on the motor should be roughly 55 degrees and the one for he dish is what you adjust when dish is connected to get best signal strength

icaicm
14th May, 2008, 09:28 AM
i got a technomate 6900 from wizard and i have to say its very good and you do not need any cams with it. all you havce to do is patch the firmware and there you go.

Lambhuna
18th May, 2008, 10:38 AM
Did u go for the wizardsatellites one m8. Cause I am gonna go for the same one. In your other post you said the cables and f connectors where crap. I dont want the same hassle with rooting about for new cable and stuff.

Neil
18th May, 2008, 12:04 PM
you do not need any cams with it. all you havce to do is patch the firmware and there you go.

Thats only the same as having cams. When something changes you patch the firmware on yours and I change the software cam on my dreambox.