PDA

View Full Version : Gonna attempt to set up motorised dish - advice needed!

Borgy100
23rd August, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hi all,

As youknow I'm happily running edg nemesis 4.4.1 with mgcamd 1.35a for 28e with no problems on my converted TGC200.
I have been looking to broaden my viewing options for footie and movies so I have just purchased a triax 90cm dish with technomate motor and am hoping to try and install it over the coming weekend. I have done lots of reading and it seems the most straight forward installation option is using Usals. I have a worry that my EDG nemesis 4.4 image does not contain Usals in the image, only diseq. If this is the case, is there any easy way to add Usals to this image?

Does anyone have any advice on what to look out for as i am attempting this for the first time and although a lot of the online tuts and videos are helpful i am sure once i am up that ladder things might not be so straight forward!!

Thanks in advance

B~~~~100

deeboi
23rd August, 2011, 01:44 PM
I'm currently running a TGC200 converted to sat using UKUR v9 and CCcam.
1m dish and Superior Dark Motor.

I set up all the angles on my dish according to my location then entered my Longitude and Latitude into the sat setup on the ITGate.
I suppose the EDG image will be similar.

I also downloaded a (motorised) channel list to my box first via the panel.

I found the general location of south using the DishPointer site then took a reference point to point it to, in my case south was pointing in the general direction of one of my bedroom windows. (technical eh? lol)

I then found it easier to take my box and an old portable tv outside with me, turned the box to BBC World News on 1w then just moved the whole dish assembly, starting off pointing towards the window mentioned earlier, just moving slowly left and right until I got a picture, then it's just a case of getting the best signal you can before tightening up the whole dish assembly.

Providing all your angles are correct and you have good line of site you should hit all satellites you can receive with that size if dish.

It was easier for me because I have a scaffold pole in my garden so I was able to see the TV which was beside me so you'll probably need a second person with you on the ground if you go down that route.

andiewill
23rd August, 2011, 02:59 PM
As above and yes a small tv if you have one is a very handy tool, i got one from the local freecycle which i get out from time to time to align my dish once in a while (don't ask), and it saves you all the time and effort going up and down the ladder fine tuning, if yours is on a wall like mine........ just a long bit of coax from the motor to the box should do the job and the tv next to you.

PS:- I put the tv on a chair tilted slightly backwards for a good view for whats on the screen....

Borgy100
23rd August, 2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks Deeboi and Andiewill..Will let you know how I get on!

frank365
23rd August, 2011, 05:13 PM
Be patient it can be frustrating. It tokk me two hours to set mine up, but it is worth it in the end.

frank365
23rd August, 2011, 05:15 PM
Be patient it can be frustrating. It took me two hours to set mine up, but it is worth it in the end. Start with 1W south amd then go to 28.2 as a start.

deeboi
23rd August, 2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah good point actually from frank there. It might take a while and it does begin to annoy you when you can't find the satellite, lol

Borgy100
25th August, 2011, 04:41 PM
Have just checked the settings within my Edg Nemesis image, and it doesn't have USALS within the image only disecq. Does anyone have any info on whther it is possible to add USALS settings to the image? Alternatively do the UKUR images allow setting up a motorised dish with USALS? I can't remember of the top of my head!

Thanks again

B~~~~100

andiewill
25th August, 2011, 04:45 PM
Alternatively do the UKUR images allow setting up a motorised dish with USALS? I can't remember of the top of my head!

Yes have mine set up with USALS........

Borgy100
25th August, 2011, 04:54 PM
you on UKUR v9 Andiewill?

andiewill
25th August, 2011, 05:24 PM
Yes and I have had no issues with it, in a way set up wise it's easier than the db800 in my opinion....

deeboi
31st August, 2011, 12:28 PM
Not sure if you got this sorted yet B~~~~.
I've never used the EDG image before m8 but can you not just put in your Long and Lat the same anyways and then use the same method above to find the sat on 1w?

What EDG image are you using so I can flash it to try?