PDA

View Full Version : Just rooted my Desire s

skydive80
23rd August, 2011, 07:05 PM
Hi Guys,

Just rooted my Desire s using this (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1186401) guide, i have changed the Rom to Virtuous unity v1.31.0 and i am very impressed with how much faster the phone is and getting rid of that orange crap was a bonus.

Rooted apps used:

Titanium Backup - Backs up EVERYTHING.
CacheMate - Clears unwanted Cache.
DroidWall - Firewall for Phone.
Rom Manager - lets you update and backup Rom.
SetCpu - Lets you over and under clock the CPU.
Quadrant - Checks you phone benchmark for the CPU and memory ect.

I have been reading about rooting my phone for ages and finally got the balls to do it and so far not regretted it one bit.

Does anyone know if playing about with the CPU is bad for the phone?
Also does anyone know a good site for Desire S Roms as i have the bug now?
-
Many thanks

happy_highlander
23rd August, 2011, 07:44 PM
Overclocking the cpu carries the same risks as it does with a pc only you don't have a fan to cool it down so you may end up with increased numbers of force close issues as the phone protects itself from overheating. I use no frills cpu control which is the original set cpu but someone else claimed the name on the app market so it had to be changed and have found no real need to overclock, however I do underclock to 100 mhz when the screen goes off. Post your quadrant score on the thread I started m8 and with the name of the rom and base band you are using, it may help other desire users decide whether to root or not