PDA

View Full Version : DM800 and H2H Motor

smith
23rd December, 2008, 09:54 PM
Ok, had a DM500S working perfectly with a 36v H@H via a VBox (Diseqc 1.2). I've always set up the 500 motor manually as USALS stands for useless I think. Anyway plugged in the DM800 and expected to set it up in the same manner. So its in "Simple positioner" setting and tried setting the limits but its not clear whether the limits are on or off or what they are set to. It seemed to stop the dish moving so I turned it off. The dish is well established and I always start from the East limit and step to 42E, save at pos 1 and move from East to West, peaking the signal strength and saving the next sat at the next postion number.

The posistions are stored and I can drive to them manually through the postioner setup menu. It just doesn't seem to move automatically, its running Jade PLi, latest image, any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Smith

2tone
24th December, 2008, 02:04 PM
the 800 is different set up from the 500 found this out the hard way did my head in for every sat that you do you have to go in to the tuner menu and set it up not sure if you have done this or not

smith
24th December, 2008, 10:53 PM
Sorted it, instead of setting the tuner to "simple" it needs to be in "advanced" then, subtly what I missed is that you have to turn the LNB on for each satellite you intend to use and switch off USALS. Because of this you need to put in a position number for each satellite. I wrote these down as there seems to be no method of seeing which position corresponds to which satellite, or am I missing something? I suspect the software would not prompt you if you where to over wrie a satellite at a previous postion (as you get prompted on a 500).

Anyway into postioner setup and I went through my usual 18 or so satellites, peaking them (Stange SNRs 25% instead of 90%??) and saving them in the positions I wrote down (why doesn't it tell you?). I would now normally do a man scan - multi satellite, and go to the pub for a couple of hours and the 500 would just sort it on its own. This unit seems to get stuck, I suspect its on dead transponders or weak satellites. So I've only risked a few satellites which I know are powerful in the multi-sat scan and I'll sort the rest out later.

This enigma software on the 800s is dreadful, the PLI image does seem reasonably stable, I've had at least four others I couldn't even load on the box. I've seen the standard hardware problem of the box not rebooting after taking the power lead has been removed. But I think if I hadn't been using Dreamboxes for many years I'd of had no chance of getting this to work.

mm009b
31st December, 2008, 09:04 PM
iv'e been working on mine for a week and gave up i also had 500 motorised no problem
on 800 iv'e got 28 fixed dish then change over cable to motorised it's a bloody nightmare !
im going to work on mine at weekend to get it sorted
ialso i can scan any satelite i want by manual east / west button just cannot get it to do it itselfe all let you know how i get on guys cheers