PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Dynamic Tuning?

i_shot_the_sheriff
25th August, 2011, 08:30 AM
Dear DK,

I'm looking for a way or a product to achieve economy in diesels!

I've heard that there are some "boxes" that connect to the fuel pressure sensor on the rail, or on the diesel pump and that magic box gives you increase in mpg!
http://i56.tinypic.com/wu1c2c.jpg/

Is there a company that sells boxes like that? I'm installing hho systems at the moment and that would be a great help for further economy!

Hmmm,,, actually, i'm willing to learn how this is working? Is there a "map" in this box? Can we do it homemade? ;)

Actually this thread is for diesel tuning discussion! :)

AyceeDeeCee
25th August, 2011, 08:36 AM
Out of interest how is the HHO systems performing? Honestly?

i_shot_the_sheriff
25th August, 2011, 08:50 AM
It's a confusing question!
You will get increase in mpg! But after a lot of tuning and tinkering with the air/fuel mix(in petrols)!
It's not that easy, like one week configuration!

In diesels, there is that box that promises that, but i haven't yet tried it!

If you install only an hho system at a car,, alone, with no electronics you get 0% economy!

Stanton
25th August, 2011, 11:56 AM
Dear DK,

I've heard that there are some "boxes" that connect to the fuel pressure sensor on the rail, or on the diesel pump and that magic box gives you increase in mpg!

Is there a company that sells boxes like that? I'm installing hho systems at the moment and that would be a great help for further economy!

Hmmm,,, actually, i'm willing to learn how this is working? Is there a "map" in this box? Can we do it homemade? ;)

Good tuning of injection timing is area of best interest.

bazare
25th August, 2011, 01:02 PM
that box will do exactly nothing, except forced increase in rail pressure.

i_shot_the_sheriff
25th August, 2011, 01:28 PM
And increased pressure will give me fuel economy? :O

Stanton
25th August, 2011, 04:34 PM
Actually yes, so long is AFR is corrected.

del635
25th August, 2011, 06:32 PM
It'll make the trip computer show better mpg, up to 10 mpg, of course this is not real real as the ecu is injecting more fuel than it thinks.
Realistically, with a good kit, tuning etc, what mpg gains are seen with the hho on a small older petrol engine, like a 1L micra?

oldford
25th August, 2011, 07:07 PM
This is one way that saves fuel:

wiseman
26th August, 2011, 02:31 AM
As far as tuning boxes are concerned, i thought they worked on raping the life out of the common rail, adding pressure. Would decreasing the common rail pressure not give an economic affect? i know this is done on buses to save on diesel

Stanton
26th August, 2011, 07:24 AM
Increasing fuel pressure increases atomisation and improves homogeneity. It also increases overall compression pressure within the chamber. These factors improve combustion efficiency hence REDUCING BSFC (and increasing torque).

Obviously fuel mass per stroke goes up, that's why I said initially about correcting AFR for a desirable part load value.

i_shot_the_sheriff
26th August, 2011, 10:20 AM
@Del635,,, i would say about 20%! But it varies! You really gotta adjust it!

Well what you say sounds logical! Do you have in mind a company or something like that that provides stuff like that?

lexa-dok
17th December, 2012, 11:29 PM
Dear DK,

please sheme

Emgo
18th December, 2012, 02:17 PM
I've spent several hours researching this subject. Injection timing, amount of fuel, boost pressure, air intake temp and the list list goes on. Read some of the attached articles and do your your own research. It's a very complicated subject, not as simple as adding a little more fuel and little more timing advance to get the most efficiency from your diesel engine.

Emgo