PDA

View Full Version : Ford VCM clone issue

joshplianfield
26th August, 2011, 12:27 AM
hi there

i got a clone ids to try out (i already have a real one also)

it connects fine, pulls codes, does koer tests and I even prgrammed a FICM on a 6.0 with it.

however when I try to view PIDS (engine info RPM, EGR etc) it says "communication failure" , I did install the supplied CD and installed the "ford patch"

I did swap cables with my genuine one and there was no change.

everything is good except that, any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

joshplianfield
27th August, 2011, 01:39 AM
anyone have same issues?

shitad
27th August, 2011, 02:28 AM
anyone have same issues?

I have the same problem with my Fly108 but I dont pay that much mind since I mainly bought it for Module Sync.

My supplier did say however that I am to choose fewer data and this dont hang as much.

eddie8
28th August, 2011, 01:36 AM
I have a clone ids as well and it works great except i cant program modules with it or update it.

joshplianfield
28th August, 2011, 05:25 PM
I have a clone ids as well and it works great except i cant program modules with it or update it.

thats my luck I get one that does programs but can view pids, I'd rather view pids/tests than program.

eddie8
30th August, 2011, 12:34 PM
thats my luck I get one that does programs but can view pids, I'd rather view pids/tests than program.

Hi Josh. Ya, thats why i ended up buying a real one. I needed to do programming and my clone couldnt do it.
Clones can work really well and sometimes they suck really bad....Good luck to ya.

hornhunter
2nd September, 2011, 03:43 PM
Hi guys,

I have constant problem of CHECKING FILE VERSION with VCM module. I am using V70 and I tried everything, roll back system date first, tried to apply patches, can anybody help me with this please. I uploaded the patches I tried. I did not get to do module programming but if anyone has solution for this along with this my first problem please share. I am using good clone in metal case. Thank You....

pass: garageforum

paul_mike
2nd September, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hi, I'm facing simillar issue and would like to test your file
ford ids v70 new patch.rar but is password protected
can you share password please
Thanks
Paul

hornhunter
2nd September, 2011, 05:41 PM
Please sorry I forget, pass is "garageforum" I found it there

paul_mike